“An interesting experiment”

Cuisines: Asian
Omaha, Ne
“An interesting experiment”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This place was close to our hotel, and we were both in the mood for Chinese food, so we stopped by on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

I asked what was in the chicken lo mein, and ordered it. When it arrived it was full of something that was not mentioned by the server - mushrooms. I can't stand mushrooms. When I asked about it, I was told that if I don't want mushrooms, I should have said without it. Why would I have said to leave something out, when it wasn't included in the first place?

My friend said she had never heard of one dish, and asked what was in it - sesame beef. She's had sesame chicken several times, but sesame beef was something new to her. The server went to check on it, and when she returned, it was with the chef, who yelled at my friend for questioning his cooking ability. Of course, she had done no such thing - and we hadn't even ordered yet. We found it so bizarre, we weren't sure whether we should stay and eat, or leave right then.

She ordered something else, and had it while I was busy removing more than a cup of mushrooms from my meal. The food was OK, though we've both had better. It seemed to be a bit pricier than the quality of the food justified.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank OmahaStar

Minneapolis
“great chinese-american food”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Best eggrolls in the Twin Cities. Asia special chowmein is also a hit. The menu is comprehensive in terms of traditional chinese-american food.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank mbarkMinneapolis
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Only place I go for Chow Mein”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

They have been around forever and there is a reason for that. I am sorry that I cannot compare Asia to other places because this is the ONLY place I go. I do not live in the area, but make it a point to go there.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Nancy I
Fridley, MN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chinese Food In The Twin Cities”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We came in and ordered--friendly service but we were overwhelmed for such a low price at the amount of food they piled on our dish. We ate and ate and then took the rest home and then ate twice more--for less than we'd have spent at McDonalds! Awesome dining experience.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank David G
Sioux City, Iowa
“Good food fairly priced”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Go for lunch the specials are a great value. My favorite is the chicken chow mein combo. Comes with soup fried rice and egg foo young. It won't disapoint.