“Great, if not the best”

Catalina's Restaurant
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

It's Latin cuisine at its finest! Simply put, it's great food in a quaint environment. Nothing gaudy or over done. Just a neat lil place to eat, with great food, and great hospitality. I recommend the chilles rellanos and a horchata

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My hustband and I enjoyed our dinner very much. The food was delicious and a good value. The portions were perfect and the cost reflected the portion size (medium-sized meal was about $8-$9). My husband doesn't like to experiment - so he had the burrito - which he said was very good and filling. I tried the tortilla de hierro (sp?) with chicken - it was fantastic!
The restaurant is in a strip mall. It is clean, well lit, with bright, fun decor. The service was good - our server (I think she was one of the owners) answered my questions and made recommendations for size of meal and how spicy it was.
I saw our server peak around the corner to check on us several times, but she left us alone, which we preferred - it was nice to eat and talk and not be interrupted with questions about how we were doing (which often happens in bigger restaurants). When we were finished, we did have to wait a bit, but when we indicated to the server that we were ready to go, the check was ready immediately.
For the location and size, the place was busy - lots of people doing take out. I wish we lived closer or Catalina's was on my way home, I'd would be stopping there for take out often!!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have lived in Central America, and a meal at Catalina's is just like being back, but without the plane ticket:) The food is amazing. Everything that we have had is delicious. I especially like the "saquitos" and the "casamiento." It is a wonderful place to bring children. They LOVE our children and the children's quesadilla on the kids menu is my daughter's favorite ever and she has had her share of them. They are paired with homemade rice and beans for a delicious- and nutritious children's meal. Aside from the food, the family who runs the restaurant is so warm and they really make you feel at home and appreciated. We have been eating there almost since it opened and its definitely one of our favorite places!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have been to Catalina's restaurant at least half a dozen times. The food is wonderful and very plentiful and the people are extremely nice and friendly. Our last meal was a take-out paella for five of us--four adults and one child. It was fantastic, quite a nice birthday present. We have also enjoyed breakfast there. Viva Catalina's!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Best Mexican I've eaten in the state of MN and ranks right up there with what I used to eat in southern Texas. Food has just the right amount of heat and spice that lingers on the tongue. Everything was fresh and delicious. We used a Groupon deal for a party of 5, which left our bill at about $20 which is unheard of most places. Even the picky eaters in our group enjoyed the flavors, especially the nachos. Liked it so much I bought another Groupon before the deal expired so that I had an excuse to return just a couple of weeks later.