“Big Marina”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: Minneapolis, MN
Description: Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The lentil soup is my favorite. The food is a bit above average but as far as I know the falafel is frozen and the gyro meats are the frozen loaves from Chicago. Overall though I like and have been to both locations many times.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stopped here with my little man during the early evening. It's a buffet, but a very good buffet. There is a variety of food - both American and Mediterranean. The staff was great and they kept my little guy amused while I went thru the buffet and returned to the table with our dinner. The manager only charged me for one meal as my toddler was given a free pass. Very nice of him. They also do carry out and I wish that we had a restaurant like this in our neighborhood.
I recommend it.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Nice family establishment, great food. My boyfriend and I sampled a little of almost everything and loved all of it. My favorites were the lamb and baklava. I wish there were more labels of the dishes they had on display. Clean and comfortable.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Buffet style eating always caters to the lowest common denominator in customers. This leaves the food generally bland, lifeless, poorly seasoned, etc.
Here its as if every tray is filled with an individual entree. Crisply seasoned, not overcooked. This place is a wonder.
Not only are the items in the buffet changed with great frequency.. So as to keep the items fresh, hot, not dried out.... But the items actually change during the service. When the salmon tray empties a different fish goes in its place. The variety of food during the meal changes... And each is different and excellent.
Even the rice is offered in several ways... Each significantly different from the other... All excellent.
Service is above par... The workers buzz to replace food, keep the tray tables clean, bus your table.
If there was a rating higher than five... This place would get it.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Awesome restaurant. Great service!! Great family owned restaurant. The catered for a wedding we had and the guest loved the food