“Be careful with communication”

Hidden Haven Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cohasset
Hidden Haven Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cohasset
Twin Cities, Minnesota
“Be careful with communication”
Reviewed October 21, 2009

We booked with Hidden Haven for a Fall Hunting Trip. Unfortunately, our hunting dog got hurt and we were going to be unable to hunt. When I called the resort to ask about the cancellation policy, they told me they'd have to check on it and that they would call us back. They never returned our call, so I called back and asked again. The manager (Bob) got emotional and hung up on me. Because they would not refund our deposit, we intended to go on the trip in spite of not being able to hunt. (But I couldn't tell this to Bob because he hung up on me.) Based on these previous interactions, I decided to confirm our reservation before we left, and I was told that they were confused and had rebooked our room. It could have been a catastrophic trip for us if I hadn't anticipated their ineptitude! In short, the management is horrible with communication, and should be treated with extreme caution. Beware!

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
13 Thank Coyote77
bobbyboy62, Owner at Hidden Haven Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2010
This review portrays the point of view of someone angry over the forfeiture of a non-refundable deposit. This party told both my wife and I in separate phone conversations that they would not be coming and after being told at the time of reservation that all deposits are non-refundable and receiving a confirmation letter stating the same they expressed anger at not getting the deposit back. We went ahead and were fortunate enought to re-rent the cabin and then refunded their deposit. Just another example of no good deed going unpunished.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cohasset
Country Inn By Carlson, Grand Rapids
Sugar Lake Lodge
Sugar Lake Lodge
#1 of 2 in Cohasset
Super 8 Grand Rapids
Super 8 Grand Rapids
#2 of 11 in Grand Rapids

Been to Hidden Haven Resort? Share your experiences!