“More hype than anything”

Gordy's HI Hat Drive-Inn
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Cloquet
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The food has gotten worse and worse over the years. Somehow they got this great reputation with a lot of good advertising and some friends who promoted. It's not that great - overpriced, average or less food, noisy, just not a very good place to go. I stopped going there several years ago

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I grew up in Cloquet and Gordy's was always the place to go for burgers, fries, and shakes during the time of the year they were open. I moved away several years ago but came back for a visit. Of course I had to visit Gordy's! I love their onion rings and shakes.

I was very excited and happy for them to see them on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives! However, I don't know if my taste buds have changed or what, but it wasn't quite as good as I remember it being when I was younger. Don't get me wrong, it's still very good food! When I visit Cloquet again I will be sure to go back.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Terribly overrated. The food is mediocre and I really don't understand what the hype is all about. I do enjoy the fries tho.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I will go here before any fast food but nothing to write home about. Great people and great set up all around. The burgers are just burgers but great price, go there for the ice cream.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Good burgers, thick shakes, homemade fries. If you like fish you have to try the fish burger ( it's big enough to share ) or try a coney . I would skip the chili its a little to mild/sweet for my taste.