“A Saturday morning paddle with my man...”

Clear Waters Outfitting
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Clear Waters Outfitting is Central Minnesota's premier paddle sport specialty shop and outfitter operating from a historic location on the Mississippi River! Clear Waters Outfitting offers canoe rentals, kayak rentals, stand up paddle (SUP) board rentals, kayak fishing, shuttles, day trips, extended trips, outfitting, and sales. Clear Waters Outfitting is the place to find high quality gear and equipment at exceptional prices. ing and outdoor gear supplier who takes care of your adventurous needs! In a historic location on the Mississippi River, featuring canoes, kayaks, stand up paddle boards, and outdoor gear from manufacturers such as Wenonah, Current Designs, Osagian, Pau Hana, Bending Branches, Duluth Pack, and many more.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I missed the Groupon for a 3 hour paddle down the Mississippi, but decided it would be a great birthday present nonetheless. It was a crisp October morning and we drove over, picked up our lunches and jumped in our canoe. What a beautiful experience. My husband bought his fishing pole and we leisurely moved down the mighty Mississippi. What a lovely way to be together, talking, not talking, listening to the stillness and just being. As I am not an "outdoor" person, this was ideal for me, so much so, we want to do it again! Kuddos to Dan and everyone there!

2  Thank Petrinagirl
"bald eagles"
in 5 reviews
"shuttle service"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this outfitter"
"super fun"
in 5 reviews
"crew"
"activity"

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The folks at Clear Waters were wonderfully friendly, helpful and enthusiastic as they got us ready for our 8 mile canoe trip down the Mississippi. Thank you so much for a memorable day that was everything we hoped for. If you are in the Twin Cities or just north of there, it is worth your money to see what adventures Clear Waters Outfitting can hook you up with. We will visit again in the spring!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was part of a group of four that just did a kayak fishing trip with CWO. This was a Father's Day present from my daughter and her husband and it took until September to find a date that worked for all of us. It was well worth the wait! If you take the time to read a dozen or so of the reviews for CWO, that was our experience to the letter. Friendly, knowledgeable, and passionate staff who just want you to have the best time on the river. Their equipment is the best I have ever seen at a rental outfit, and the collection of lures they provided offered just about anything a smallmouth bass would be interested in. These people really know their stuff and I look forward to fishing with them again sometime. I highly recommend them for a great day on the Mississippi River!

2  Thank Herb W
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had a great time. The people are great. The Scenery was beautiful, I wish I would have gone for a longer trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friends and I went on the 8-mile paddle with one canoe and one kayak. The three of us had very minimal experience paddling, and we had a great time - with zero catastrophes! Clear Waters Outfitting set us up with everything we needed, along with a map and great landmarks so we knew how far along our journey we were. The weather was about 55 degrees and sunny, which actually felt pretty comfortable. We plan to go back next year, probably earlier in the summer when it's warmer out so that we can make stops along the way (to picnic, soak up the sun, etc). For anyone who wants to dabble in the outdoorsy world of canoeing/kayaking, I would highly recommend Clear Waters Outfitting. They made everything very easy - from getting the right life jackets, to starting off the paddle, to getting picked up at the end. It was a great time, and a really fun/peaceful way to enjoy MN!

2  Thank Wendy H