“Great Dinner”

JAC'S Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Chatfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 24, 2018

I have driven by Jac's many times before trying it. Building looks welcoming, and looks like a comfortable neighborhood bar and grill inside. One half of the establishment is more restaurant, and the other side is more bar, however you may order food or beverages on either side. I had the Cod dinner, which came with choice of potato, soup and salad bar. Everything on the salad bar was fresh and delicious, especially the crab salad. My only complaint would be the dinky plates. You can go back and get more, but balancing salad on small plates is tough. Soup was awesome and tasted home made. Fish had a light batter on it and was best I have had. Potato was good, but hey, it was a potato. The new owners took over a little more than a year ago and have made great improvements in the building, but have struck gold with their food. I have been searching for that "supper club" style fish dinner since Sandy Point closed. I found it in Chatfield.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Our group of 8 people stopped here for lunch, and the food was wonderful!! Fast and friendly service too!! Good job Jac's!!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

We appreciate how fast JACs can prepare our burger meals. When I am too busy or too tired to cook dinner, we call JACs and order burger meals. We head down immediately to pay and pick up the food, and it's ready to go, hot and fresh. What a treat it is to enjoy it on the front porch on a summer evening. They even make the fries extra crispy for us. :)

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018

On a busy Sat eve 2 of us got seated quickly. Food is casual burgers, sandwichs, home made pizzas. Food was served piping hot. Yummy turkey, cheese on grilled cranberry wild rice bread and skinny sweet potatoe fries (without the usual sugary cinnamon). He had chopped sirloin steak with fries. Both of us enjoyed our food. Atmosphere is warm and bright. Seems like old building, right on main street. Noted families with little kids so they accommodate them.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

My social media posting:

I've never done this. Even when I was a poor college student, I always gave a tip to my server. The streak ended today.

I'm also a small business owner. I have great pride in serving clients with the best possible service possible. When I can't meet their expectations, I do what's necessary to make it right.

It's not my style to speak negatively of others and especially a small businesses trying to make a decent living. But....

Our experience at Jac's in Chatfield today was arguably the most awful display of customer service that I've personally experienced. It was actually laughable in some ways. We kept patiently waiting for them to right the ship, from speaking to the server to finally the manager, who arrogantly addressed our frustration with a sense of "that's how it is today."

Won't go into details beyond that other than to say this. I will make it a point to display my displeasure on every rating site possible. And if you're reading this, frankly, I'd steer clear. If I can reach just a few who avoid this place due to my comments, I've done what is right.

Date of visit: October 2017