AmericInn by Wyndham Chanhassen
$99
$79
$59
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

$89
$79
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $89/night.

$82
$84
$81
$68
$119
$90
$81
All reviewsdinner theaterparking lotthe breakfast areawould stay here againwafflesfree breakfastbeautiful roomhot breakfastgreat place to stayhot tubbed was very comfortablethird flooreden prairieexercise roomvery nice hoteldowntown minneapolispaisley
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We liked this hotel, not luxury but clean and quiet. The breakfast area was really nice...much better than most hotels. It also helps that the hotel is only three stories high, so there isn't a huge crowd for breakfast. breakfast items were the standard SAD diet (Standard American Diet)...sugary cereals, muffins, peanut butter, waffles. (Never can understand why people think a bowl of fruit loops is adequate nutrition for a growing child). I was glad they offered hard boiled eggs. They have a nice gas fireplace going (helpful in the horrendously long winter we are having). The view was of trees, and there are wetlands/ponds nearby.

The beds were comfy, not pillow top though. One thing that bugged me was that they had feather comforters on top of the flat sheet, but no duvet! So, you are sleeping with the comforter not being covered after each and every other hotel guest moves through. There was a polyester spread over that.

Okay, here is what you are supposed to do with feather comforters (since the hotel doesn't seem to know this)...cover them with white/off white cotton duvets, so that can double as a bedspread as well. You can add a blanket or have them available if the feather comforter isn't warm enough, but most likely no one would need anything else, as the heating system was very easily adjusted. That way, you can change the duvet after each hotel guest, so that no one has to touch the comforter surface that someone else has. All the better hotels do this now... in Europe, they don't even give you a flat sheet which is really not necessary.

Also liked that the hotel was not directly off the freeway, but in a nice shopping area with a large diversity of community living, swimming school, yoga studio, restaurants, etc. Nice mix.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Chanhassen, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! I have noted your advise regarding our bedding, and will pass it along to the brand. I am glad that your found our hotel to be warm and inviting, and thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers! Please come back and stay again!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here while visiting relatives in the area. Took advantahe of the great, buy ahead Senior rates. That's a gamble, as we flew in from Michigan in March with no control of airlines or weather, but it paid off.
Our room adjoined the room of another family member. It was very quiet as we were in the wing near the exercise room. There's actually a "garage" across the hall where snow removal, etc equipment is stored. Have to admit, we've never experienced that in a hotel before.
The room was clean and comfortable. There's a refrigerator and coffee maker. The mattresses in our 2 queen bed room were comfortable .
Breakfast was very good for the price. There were actually MORE choices here than at a Fairfiled Inn we just stayed in in Indiana for $30 more a night! In fact, THIS hotel offered a fridge, safe and separate sink area that the Fairlfield Inn didn't ! Too bad there wasn't an Americinn in the Indy area we needed.
We asked if we could bring our 2 1/2 and 5 yr old grandchildren to swim with us. The manager thanked us for asking and did allow this. The pool is not heated or if it is, it wasn't very warm. The 5 year old still loved it. There were towels, hot tub and a sauna available , also. It was all clean.
Staff here is great, from the desk, to everyone involved who we met.
The location is VERY good for others, too. It's close to the Chanhassen Dinner Theater and a short drive to the University Of Minnesota Arboreatum which is a wonderful place to visit.Many restaurants are close by. It's also easy to get to MSP from here. Takes about 20 minutes or so , if traffic isn't bad.
We WILL definitely stay here again. Thanks to all who helped make our 3 night stay so comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside of the L. The West side of the building runs parallel to a very busy street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Chanhassen, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

WOW! Thank you so much for such a fantastic review! Making your stay comfortable and fun is our goal, and I'm more than pleased with my staff for making this happen. I very much look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My friends and I stayed at your lovely motel before going to Ikea and the Science Museum. It was nicely decorated, very clean, and the rooms were quiet. The breakfast was awesome-so many items to choose from and my favorite was the waffels with strawberries and whipped cream. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing the AmericInn during your trip to the science museum! I am more than pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast! There will be plently of waffles waiting for you on your next visit!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I travel to the area several times a year for work and am very happy I started staying at this hotel on my last few visits. It is well conveniently located near restaurants and I can walk across the parking lot to Houlihans for a quick dinner then get back and catch up on emails.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for you nice comments. I'm glad we can continue to give you great customer service, and an atmosphere where you can get some work done! Thank you for your continued business.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband & I enjoyed our stay in a suite that included a king size bed, fireplace, whirlpool and sitting room. We LOVED the whirlpool and fireplace! The TVs seemed a bit small but they were sufficient for the task. We hooked up our laptop using the HDMI hookups (hope I'm saying that correctly) so that we could watch some movies we brought along and that worked well.

The lobby area with books, couches and other amenities was nice. LOVED the wonderful choice of coffees and hot water, too! The staff were friendly and accommodating.

We ordered food from Houlihan's restaurant (across the street) and they were really quick to deliver it to the hotel besides offering an excellent chicken caesar salad. Oh, and the complimentary breakfast at the hotel was AWESOME ~ sausage links and those egg patties were my favorites! Nice to see a variety of foods from your famous Belgian waffles to muffins, cereal, yogurt, fruit, cottage cheese and a variety of drinks. Yummy!

Overall, we'd highly recommend this AmericInn to other couples.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PamelaStorySaver
Mathieu M, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Chanhassen, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Hello! I am so glad you and your husband had a great weekend here with us. Yes, you used the terminology correctly with the HDMI! That made me chuckle....

Thank you for reccomending us! Please come back and relax again soon!