“Some of the best Mexican food in the Twin Cities” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Chanhassen
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“Some of the best Mexican food in the Twin Cities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food here is great,they have a lot of different dishes and they do them very well.My wife and I like authentic Mexican and this place is our favorite.The recent remodel adds plenty of charm and atmosphere.The margaritas are pretty good also.

• Visited February 2014

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Good food but pricey for Mexican food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

The food is good, authentic atmosphere, nice employees...but it's a bit pricey we felt. Better deals for lunch but hubby and I stopped in for dinner the other night....bypassed the entrees for $12 or more and opted for ala carte...spendy there too. His item (3 cheese enchiladas) were small and overpriced(recall they were $9) and I got 2 mushroom/cheese quesadillas which were excellent but not for $9 as I recall. The restaurant appears to do a brisk business and I'm very happy about that, but as two retirees who eat out a lot and are used to south Texas authentic Mexican food for good price, this restaurant is too overpriced......I do imagine they have high overhead costs in Chanhassen location however.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Perham, Minnesota
“Authentic and plenty of food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I found that the portions here were plentiful. My brother ordered a burrito that was double the size you get at Chipotle and I had two quesadillas, which I ended up bringing one home. Yes, the food doesn't come seasoned, but they give you the option of putting on your own sauces.

Very busy place, but we didn't mind. The staff was very friendly, even though we didn't see our server much. It was fun that they had an authentic band playing music. It really added to the atmosphere.

It's worth a try!

Visited July 2013
Minnesota
“Seems authentic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Very popular. Good prices and excellent food. Lots of choices, including some unusual ones. Very efficient staff and friendly service.

Visited November 2012
“Save yourself, go to Taco Bell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I can't believe the good reviews on this. The food is very bland. The portions are not generous. Service is ok at best. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Maybe the good reviews were by people that had several drinks?

• 3 of 5 bubbles