“Great Japanese food in Chanhassen, mn”

Kai's Sushi & Grill
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Chanhassen
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have gone there many times and always been satisfied. Well prepared and delicious food. Large portions too. Well priced for what you get.

1  Thank carver48

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been to Kai's Sushi once and had take-out once, both meals were excellent! This is by far the best sushi I've had in the Twin Cities. I wish I would have written down the items we ordered, but I have a feeling that they're all great. This is a small restaurant in a small strip mall, if it's an evening on a weekend be sure to make reservations. I thought the atmosphere was sophisicated/casual.

3  Thank Rena321
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I'm glad to have a sushi restaurant in Chanhassen. The decor is lovely, the fish is fresh and the service is good. But, there were some major misses at lunch. The pop radio over poor quality speakers took away from the ambiance. The crunchy octopus appetizer was disappointing. The chicken in my husband's Bento Box was like chicken nuggets. The red snapper sushi was made with a weird sauce beneath the fish that the waitress said had grapefruit juice in it -- very strange and not appealing. We'd come here once before, and my recollection of it was better. Maybe the third time will be a charm, today certainly wasn't.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Family Friendly, Authentic Sushi with excellent Big Rolls and tasty Miso Soup... simple Elegance, real Japanese flavor... Very fairly priced compared to Yumi's in Excelsior. Great value, great freshness, nice creativity in their special rolls...

3  Thank Peter P
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I finally had time for a date and decided to try Kai's. We were pleasantly surprised. Could use a better wine list, but I'm still giving it five stars because the food was excellent. Now we don't have to drive out of town for great sushi! Try the Chanhassen Roll. You won't be disappointed.

4  Thank LakeSideBlue