“Food okay”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Duluth, Minnesota
“Food okay”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Food was pretty good but a little in the pricey side. The establishment was clean and service was good. Conveniently located near our hotel.

Visited September 2012

Lakeville, Minnesota
“was looking for casual dining...found an upscale bar”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I haven't been to a houlihan's in a couple years...the big thing was the drink menu ...almost like food was an afterthought...was mostly bar food..apps & burgers Etc...they did have some salads & steaks but from what I saw people were ordering mostly burgers and the like...My wife got a burger...pretty dry, along with chips & sausa...I got the chicken sandwich with bacon & gouda cheese it had spring mix on it instead of lettuce and was pretty good ,,,all in all it was OK but I'd rather go to an Applebees

• Visited September 2012
Roseau, Minnesota
“NICE LOCATION - GREAT FOOD”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Decided to take a friend for supper and we chose Houlihans. Right from entering we were impressed - polite greeting from hostess, good service, and great food. Each of the three of us had something different and none of us were disappointed.

We'll definitely keep Houlihans in mind for fujture stops

Visited June 2012
Minneapolis
“Used to be better”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We've not been to this place for a year or so, and last night was disappointing. I feel like Houlihan's is trying to stretch from pub food into "fine dining" and not doing it well. We had the large spinach dip which was served lukewarm and was soupy; the filet mignon (rare) which was inexplicably dry; and the French onion soup which was delicious. Our server was ridiculously busy in a semi-full restaurant and he was cheerful and professional under clearly difficult circumstances. When he accidentally splashed me with my drink, he immediately offered us a free dessert or appetizer.

Long story short, next time I'll go across the street to Tian Jin.

• Visited April 2012
Shakopee, MN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,047 helpful votes
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We visited on St. Patrick's Day, March 17, 2012 around noon. Seated promptly and server arrived quickly. Today's menu had Irish specials for the "holiday". I ordered the special of corned beef and cabbage with boiled potatoes. My wife had a French dip sandwich and baked potato soup.

Our food arrived quickly and served by pleasant wait staff. My meal was perfect; just like Mom used to make! The corned beef was very good, the potatoes cooked perfectly, and the highlight may have been the correctly seasoned cabbage; great taste. But the best part was this small side of unexpected horseradich sauce. It was seasoned with dill and was so flavorful without being overwhelming. I could bathe in this sauce! My wife's sandwich was great and the soup was very good. My meal was $13.95, my wife's 11.95 and each soft drink was 2.95.

We have never been disappointed with any meal we have ever had at this restaurant. Today's service was so fast that we were ahead of time for our other errands!

• Visited March 2012