I reviewed this hotel last year. There were issues, but we liked it enough to try it again. All the positive comments of my last review still apply. The website had been updated to more accurately represent what the hotel offers, but some of the negatives have not changed. The carpet in the room we were in was very, very stained and the bedspreads were still stained. When we made the reservation we requested a room not on the ground floor. We were given a ground floor room, and when we mentioned our request, we were told by the front desk clerk that she had been too busy to look at requests and had just finally had time to assign reservations to rooms. She did fix it and put us on the second floor. If you showered at night, there was plenty of hot water, but when I showered at 7:30 every morning, the water was barely warm. Three of the five days we were there, breakfast was wonderful and the breakfast room was spotless. On the days the same attendant from last year worked, the food was burned, dried out, and seldom replenished and the counters were never wiped off, garbage wasn't emptied...big difference. The room was clean, but if you have a special housekeeping request, it is difficult to get that request filled. For example, I always pull the bedspread off the bed and keep it off the entire trip. I then get a clean flat sheet from the front desk and put it over the blanket. Everyday I would either personally ask the housekeeper or leave a note on the bed requesting that the sheet be left on the bed when the bed was made and the bedspread remain off. Out of the five nights we stayed, this request was honored once. Three of the days the sheet was gone and the bedspread was put back on the bed and one day the beds weren't even made and the only thing done in the room was the towels were taken and the garbage emptied. This was reported to the front desk, who did nothing. Depending on the time of day, staff can be friendly or not. Everyone in the morning was always smiling and pleasant, but we usually returned to the hotel early evening and by then the mood had changed. Most everyone at night always appeared overworked and frazzled, plus they were never at the front desk. You always had to wait for them to come from the back. One night I waited 10 minutes for someone to come out just to get towels. I know they were in the back because I could hear them, but they never came out, even after I said "Hello?". Something that really bothers me and I know it is a minor, petty thing to complain about is cookies. I know cookies are just a courtesy the hotel puts out, but if your going to do it, be consistent. Have enough for more than twelve guests, put them out every night or just Monday -Friday, not only if you feel like it. If you have a consistent flow of customers requesting cookies, make some more. I witnessed four different groups of guests ask if there were more cookies and the answer was always no. Cookies are even shown on the key cards, so if you advertise it, have it. If it's too much work, don't have them or put up a sign saying when they are available. Last year I said I didn't know if we'd return. This year we decided to give it another try. Will we stay again, I don't know. Through Country Inn promotions, we can get a better rate here than other hotels in the Cities. There are no major problems, just minor issues that bother me because I am so picky. All in all, this is a nice place to stay that I would recommend you should give a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We'll have you saying "I Love this Country" after you stay with the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chanhassen, MN. Our newly renovated, award winning hotel is pleased to provide our guests with the highest quality of service along with spacious and comfortable gueatrooms and suites. We are located within walking distance to the world famous Chanhassen Dinner Theatre along with a variety of restaurants, shopping and entertainment in downtown Chanhassen. Our guests enjoy our complimentary "Be Our Guest" hot breakfast buffet, indoor pool, fitness center, High Timber Lounge and complimentary weekday shuttle service to local companies including Emerson/Rosemount, Supervalu, General Mills, Lifetime, Snap Fitness, LSS Data, Eaton, Exlar, Entegris and others within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. Our High Timber Conference Center offers meeting space able to host meetings and events from 5 to 100 people with catering available also. We look forward to welcoming you to the Country Inn & Suites Chanhassen, MN and having you say "I love this Country"! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chanhassen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson _ Chanhassen
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson _ Chanhassen Hotel Chanhassen
- Country Hotel By Carlson