“Great Productions and Good Food”

Chanhassen Dinner Theatres
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Chanhassen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Chanhassen Dinner Theatres is the nation’s largest Equity (professional status) dinner theatre company featuring multiple stages under one roof. In addition, CDT is Minnesota’s only year-round musical theatre and the largest tourist attraction in Carver County. Founded in 1968, Chanhassen is a producing theatre, completely creating and executing all production elements in the theatres’ own on-site scene, costume and properties shops by its own creative design team led by Resident Artistic Director Michael Brindisi.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Every time I have been blown away by the very professional productions in such an intimate setting! Add the delicious dinners and you have a great experience. My favorites, so far, are the Chan chicken and the Lasagna. I just wish I would save room for dessert, but that doesn't usually happen.
I know I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

very nice atmosphere. had a great dinner and the show was amazing! it was fun to get together with friends.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We attended the Christmas show at the theater last December, we had also attended other shows previously and they have never left us disappointed. They have wonderful talented actors and is great to not have to drive to Broadway to see a great musical. The food was also very good. Was a delight to have a great meal and then see a wonderful show. The staff there was also very helpful and accomadating.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We enjoyed attending the main stage production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" at the Chan! Took advantage of a early booking promotion and had excellent seating in a booth just off center stage. You don't go to the Chan for the food but as always it was served by friendly, efficient staff used to dealing with large crowds and tight timelines. I enjoyed the shrimp pasta and our table gave a thumbs up to the Chan chicken, and the Talapia. We also enjoyed the cheese cake and the carrot cake for dessert.

The show was outstanding--definitely two thumbs up! High energy, great staging and costumes and the music and singing was first rate.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We always have a good time at the plays. I can't say the same for the food they serve before the shows. We have always felt underwhelmed by it.