“Deception”
Review of School II Bistro & Wine Bar - CLOSED

School II Bistro & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My Fiancée and I attended this place to see my guitar players band play, we ordered 2 drinks a piece. There was no need to check the website since we live close by. When we were ready to leave, we got our credit card bill and saw a $14.00 charge for a cover. there was no sign up nor were we notified by the staff. We paid and left.

I called them to complain and have the charge reversed. I spoke with Tammy and explained the situation and she said it's on the website and there is always a cover on Friday and Saturday. (this was our first time there.) She told me to hold and a woman by the name of Ann came on the phone. I told the story again and I was told the same this. I told her how deceptive it was and wrong. She said "oh well, that's how she pays her band and I can take it up with them. I advised I will be writing a review, and she said "go ahead!" in a rude tone. I also stated that I will write to the BBB as well. She again said "go ahead."

If there were a sign VISABLE on the door, or if we were notified before hand we would have gladly paid the cover without issue. This company is deceptive and I advise to be made aware.

1  Thank Scott L

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Loved the live music with our meal. It was a cute, intimate place that we enjoyed sitting back, having a glass of wine, and enjoying the soothing music.

1  Thank dllrschll
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've already reviewed School II, but decided to inform myself about live music during the week. Every other Tuesday (call them to find which), there's a tremendously talented pair of guys that do Jazz, Blues, Pop. Guitar and Bass...they sound fantatic. I'll stick to my favorites to eat....Tenderloin Bites...addictive....southwest salad...superb. Services friendly, unhurried.

1  Thank roadwarriorvb
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Went on a Monday night which is not busy at all...and no music. So can't comment on the music. However, great atmosphere, great selection of by the glass wines...services was friendly. Had the Tenderloin Wise bites which were spectacular and a south west salad which was the best I've had. Surprised at the negative comments.

1  Thank roadwarriorvb
bdubs101, Manager at School II Bistro & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

roadwarriorvb,

Thanks for coming in, you are going to need to come again when we do have music! safe travels my friend.

The School II Bistro & Wine Bar

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stopped by for a late lunch before a movie and were the only customers when we walked in. That being said, our service was so-so. The waitress wasn't a big talker and didn't even ask if we wanted more drinks before taking our glasses and trying to close out our tab (she was at the end of her shift). The bartender who came on duty after our waitress was far more pleasant and personable. The food wasn't bad - I had the macaroni and cheese and thought it was decent (though I've had better gourmet mac and cheese) and my husband had a pizza, which later gave him wicked heartburn. As for the atmosphere - I can see how it might be nice in the evening, perhaps when there is some entertainment going on. We might try it again to see.