“Awesome and reasonable”

Ming Tree Incorporated
Ranked #23 of 37 Restaurants in Champlin
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food here is just terrific and very reasonably priced. I have only really eaten the takeout from here so it is hard to review the service. All of the food that I have had here has been great. My one piece of advice is for sure to try the house egg rolls.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Had lunch with a friend at Ming Tree today. They do offer a buffet, but only in the evening hours. This was fine with me, as I was looking to order from the menu and have something straight off the wok. Neither of us were disappointed. Our orders were served in timely fashion and were nearly too hot to eat. We ordered off the lunch combination menu which offered about a dozen entrees with choice of fried or white rice and choice of egg roll, chicken wings or cream cheese won tons. Service was attentive without being intrusive. We's arrived at 12:30pm as one table was leaving. That left us being the lone table. Two other tables arrived while we dined. However, we did note the restaurant doing a brisk take-out business all the while. This may have something to do with the fact that, in reviewing the take-out menu, prices are cheaper than those for dining in. Even so, none of the dine-in lunch combos are priced over $8.00, and we brought half of hours home. My one complaint would be unappealing condiments. The hot mustard was watery and in a container with a crusty ring around the edge. The sweet and sour sauce was ok, but just didn't look "fresh." I think I'll return in the future and order 3 or 4 entree items for take-out.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I go to Ming Tree when I want some traditionally good chinese. The food really is good. Service? Well, it could be better. But I usually get it for takeout, so that doesn't matter much to me.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Family run, the food is cooked so fresh it practically walks itself out the door. The owners are great, and very helpful with selecting menu choices.

1  Thank jeepifer
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I went here with my Cambodian girlfriend, and she is picky about Chinese food (the Chinese food cooked by American people is usually not very good). But even she loved this place! I highly recommend it!
As a side note, I am 32, and when my mom was pregnant with me, she went there all the time (it opened in 1978, one year before I was born). So they have had a long, successful career!

1  Thank purplemustreign