“Really good BBQ”

Qfanatic BBQ and Grill
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Champlin
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Family owned and operated BBQ Joint. Striving to set the standard of BBQ in the Twin Cities. Serving classic style BBQ from across the country and several of our own creations as well. We start with only fresh high quality Midwestern meats and serve the sauce on the side.
Reviewed November 29, 2012

It was a bit of a drive but I thought the BBQ was very good. They had a great selection of sauce and the coleslaw was also very good. It might not have been the best BBQ I have ever had but I would say it was very good.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Heard that this was the best barbecue place around so drive over 40 miles to check it out. While I appreciate genuine wood smoked meats I found theirs to be average in flavor but a little tough and chewy in texture. A variety of home made sauces, but not outstanding in flavor. All in all I found the food to be average and not worth going out of your way to try.

2  Thank Theonetone
Reviewed October 8, 2012

QFanatic is a very good bbq-joint for the Midwest, certainly better than the local bbq joints in my hometown. We enjoyed our meals a lot. I had pulled pork and my wife had the brisket. The sides were sizable and the Asian slaw was a tasty, non-traditional, side dish. The espresso BBQ sauce was great and the honey BBQ was very good. Service was very quick as we were served within 5-6 minutes of ordering on a Friday evening.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We went on Saturday afternoon and were pleasently surprised by the remodel. Haven't been there in a while. We had the sampler with 1lb pork ribs,beans and the best potato salad I've ever eaten! he dinner rolls are also very good. Glad we made the 25 minute trip and will be back soon.I highly recomend it to everyone.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had the pulled pork and pulled ham since they were out of brisket, which would have been our first choice. The pork was pretty much the industry norm, which is fine. I really liked the flavor of the ham. With two soft drinks, the meal set us back right at $20 total, not bad. We decided we'd probably share a full pound meal next time instead of the two 1/3 pounders that we ordered this time so we could try two different meats.

The facility is nothing special, but adequate. You order at the counter and then serve yourself on the drinks, plastic utensils, etc. They bring your meal to you at your table and that's pretty much the end of the service, so my relatively low score in that department doesn't mean any employee performed poorly but is more a reflection that there really isn't much service, which is fine if you don't mind getting up to go refill your own drink, and I sure don't.

We'd certainly come back more often if we lived nearby. It's good, but not quite good enough to warrant a lengthy round trip.

Been to Qfanatic BBQ and Grill? Share your experiences!