“Fantastic BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We went on Saturday afternoon and were pleasently surprised by the remodel. Haven't been there in a while. We had the sampler with 1lb pork ribs,beans and the best potato salad I've ever eaten! he dinner rolls are also very good. Glad we made the 25 minute trip and will be back soon.I highly recomend it to everyone.

There are newer reviews for Qfanatic BBQ and Grill

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had the pulled pork and pulled ham since they were out of brisket, which would have been our first choice. The pork was pretty much the industry norm, which is fine. I really liked the flavor of the ham. With two soft drinks, the meal set us back right at $20 total, not bad. We decided we'd probably share a full pound meal next time instead of the two 1/3 pounders that we ordered this time so we could try two different meats.

The facility is nothing special, but adequate. You order at the counter and then serve yourself on the drinks, plastic utensils, etc. They bring your meal to you at your table and that's pretty much the end of the service, so my relatively low score in that department doesn't mean any employee performed poorly but is more a reflection that there really isn't much service, which is fine if you don't mind getting up to go refill your own drink, and I sure don't.

We'd certainly come back more often if we lived nearby. It's good, but not quite good enough to warrant a lengthy round trip.

Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

You won't find better barbecue in MN, but you'll also pay slot for it. If you come on a weekend the wait is ridiculous, but if you have time it's worth it.

Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

They recycle - good for them! However, you won't want to serve from the containers they deliver the food in. I expected simple aluminum tins with aluminium foil covers - I was wrong, I got washed and reused plastic food containers. Don't bother calling the owner to complain - he won't care. Now, i am not the one who contracted with him but i was present for food delivery and the follow up call to the owner - they may have a great place to eat at but i would never cater from them! The key to this review is food presentation - Gets an F from me.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

After seeing this on Diners, Driveins and Dives decided to take a ride over. Weren't disappointed. It's definitely more dive then diner, but take out is an option. The barbeque was mostly excellent. I prefer my ribs more charred and these weren't. Next time I'd order them that way. The pulled meats, brisket, sauces, mac and cheese, grilled veggies, bread all excellent. The salads were large and fresh, but dressed in way to much dressing. Next time I'll order it on the side. The sampler we order said it fed 4, but I think that's a stretch. We had a few leftovers, but put away most it with 2 people (really full people!) The wait staff was friendly and helpful in deciding how and what to order. Can't eat this way very often, but for a splurge in calories it was worth it.

1  Thank PlanetR