“Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!”

Marclay Point Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cass Lake
Marclay Point Resort
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I don't usually don't write reviews, but after seeing the previous reviews I felt compelled to share my experience too. I work for a travel website where it is my job to travel around the country visiting resort properties similar to this one, and I have NEVER ran into worse owners than these two!

I came up there last summer with family on a leisure vacation. Like the other reviews, the owners were incredibly rude and disrespectful during our whole stay. I really couldn't believe how they talk to their customers. It really appeared to me that they really don't enjoy dealing with people at all. It is really too bad because the area is really nice, and it could be a great vacation spot if it wasn't for the owners. From talking to some of the members of this resort, it seems like this is how these people have been ever since they took over the resort.

Unfortunately I could not recommend this resort for ANYONE unless there was a change in ownership! Until then, it's an easy decision for me to say I will NEVER be back again.

My recommendation to the owners is sell the place if you truly don't enjoy what you do. It's really unfortunate that you can ruin so many vacation experiences with people that are spending good money to stay at your resort.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
15  Thank Holein01

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am going to agree with the previous posts as well..the owners were not pleasant at all. In fact, they were down right rude throughout our entire stay. Any time a member from our group would go to the resort store to buy firewood and what not, we were treated as if it was a HUGE inconvenience. There were several instances where the male owner was downright rude and condescending. We will NEVER go back and I would never recommend this resort to ANYONE. Pick a different place on Cass Lake.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
15  Thank soccerk1710
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were at Marclay Point July 5th and agree totally with teriand john. We have been there before and left a day early with no problem. However even after saying that was no problem the owner charged us for an extra day which included an extra charge for 2 dogs and a boat. They said they would give us a refund on our credit card then refused. the owners were nasty.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank Clare u
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I took our 2 grandchildren camping here over the 4th of July. I agree with the previous comment, owners were not very pleasant. The layout of the campsites are very crowded and the hook-ups for a camper or motorhome are not in a convenient location. There are also numerous hidden fees that hit you when you are ready to leave. We would not recommend this camp to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
15  Thank TeriandJohn
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The location is great, to bad they don't have better owners.

• Stayed: July 2011
12  Thank Spux

Been to Marclay Point Resort? Share your experiences!