“Great anytime of year!”

Bloomington, MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great anytime of year!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We love going in the winter and the summer. Hikes are great along the river and in the winter the cross country ski trails are great. The new lift bridge is now open which is a great photo op! Make it a weekend and stay at the nearby Black Bear Resort and Casino.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank fishgirl58

White Bear
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“The swinging bridge is reopened! Gorgeous park.”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We took a cold winter walk across the swinging bridge and into the woods. The winter hiking trails were in great shape. The guy in the park office was friendly and helpful.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank PeggyoftheEast
Minneapolis, MN
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Really gorgeous!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

After driving past the sing marking the exit for my entire life, I finally visited last summer. I liked it so much I went twice! The first time I hiked along the river, and stopped at the pioneer cemetery that's part of the park. The bridge wasn't fixed then, so I went back (with my mom-she's 84) the day after it opened. Mom's not much of a hiker, but enjoyed seeing the bridge (she has been going past the sign a lot longer than I have & it was her first visit). Definitely worth a stop; my husband and I want to camp there next summer.

Visited September 2013
Yuba City, California
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The swinging bridge was closed for repairs when I went but it was still awesome to walk around by the river and get some amazing pics. Definitely worth the visit.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Kip B
Ely, Minnesota
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Of the beaten path but a place you will want to return to. Spring is best or after a heavey rain. There has been some re”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a special place and not too well visited. We have been there many times and it's always a joy to return. Easy hiking and the swinging suspension bridge is unique.

Visited October 2013