“Very Nice”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carlton
Black Bear Casino Resort Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carlton
Minnesota
“Very Nice”
Reviewed September 2, 2008

My husband and I did a one night stay at Black Bear after staying the night before at a gorgeous hotel in Duluth. We were not expecting much and we were extremely surprised to even get a room on such short notice (none) on a holiday weekend and, after signing up for a players card, getting our room for $49.00!! It was a good sized room and very clean. We had a king sized bed with quality linens. Check in and out was very quick and easy and we had a wonderful stay. The only negative was that there was some commotion with a couple across the hall who were intoxicated, but that was not the hotel's fault and when my husband called the desk, they sent someone right who told the offending couple to quiet down.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank Minnesotammo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Boone,Iowa
Reviewed August 12, 2008

July,25,2008 What a night of sleeplessness. We show up around 4:00 p.m. Had reservations for two rooms. They(the Hotel) canceled one of my reservations leaving a family of 6 in one room.Of course there is an extra charge for more than two in a room. The room was warm so we turned on the air conditioner. Cool air did blow out of this unit ,but every 2 minutes a buzzing sound would occur like an alarm clock. The room never totally cooled down. We called quest services. They informed us that they could were unable to fix it until monday.They knowingly rented this room to me eventhought it was disfunctional. I got no sleep. My neighbors on both sides of me got no sleep. They did take $50 off the bill. But remember they charged an extra $30 for the additional family members in the room. The only satisfaction I got was when the lady in house keeping told me this problem existed for over 2 Weeks.

• Liked — the casino
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank 915young

Travelers are raving about these Carlton hotels

Ontario
Reviewed August 2, 2008

We were given a so called "executive suite" which had dirty sheets, a broken pull out bed with springs and foam sticking out of the mattress, a phone that didn't work and filthy carpet. We travel to all the Northern casinos, and have never had such a terrible experience. The worst part is, nobody seemed to care.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank summertimeOntario
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We stayed at Black Bear for a night on our way home from a week in Canada and were totally impressed with the place !!

Our room was in the new tower building and was beautiful. The bedding was awesome and the decor and size of room was excellent. The place looks very modern and is decorated very nicely. This place is definetly worth the price. We had a lot of fun in the casino. Didn't win but didn't loose either -- and we played the slots for hours !! We didn't eat at either restaurant so can't comment on that -- however, I can't say enough about the accomodations !! Well worth the price !! We'll be back !!

• Liked — The decor - newness & size of room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
|Minnesota
Reviewed May 10, 2008

They have really outdone themselves in the new hotel! The room is very peaceful - a beautiful accent wall and a coordinating duvet on the bed......with 6 pillows on the King size!

There is a nice leather recliner to sit back and read your favorite book by - and a flat screen TV that is plenty big enough for all of your favorite shows. The beautiful green glass tile in the bedroom makes this hotel room feel like a "home-away-from-home.

I have paid more than twice this amount and gotten much much less -- and of course, it is immaculate.

The buffet wasn't really to my liking but the food was "okay" -- I heard several around me say they were impressed...but it was mostly fried (breakfast) food and I'm more for of a "fresh" food fare.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank granny0214
duluth ,mn
Reviewed March 22, 2008

recived in the mail a coupon for a free stay sun -thr ,my wife got a 40$ coupon.. so we booked for two days sun night and mon night
when we arrived the room was not ready we were two hours early so we played in the casino till 8 pm.
the room looked clean , althought two light bulbs were missing from the lamps..
The next night we look at the sheet and found blood it had been there for some time it was a big stain...we had slept on the sheets sun night and should have had them changed but just that we had to sleep on them make me sick, this was gross
we didn't get any maid service on monday the next day and I had to call for coffee .
we played and lost some 1400 dollars in the casino
when we check out i did complain , the counter girl did say a word but did write it down I left a note on the bed and other places

Stayed March 2008
duluth
Reviewed November 9, 2007

we stayed at this hotel in october of 07 and got the suite which was $135 on a weekend. the room was more like a motel 6 in a rundown state. they are obviously not going to upgrade anything and just wait until the new motel is done. save your money, it isn't worth half of what they charge, dirty and burn holes everywhere, even torn furniture with foam missing

• Liked — you can trash the room and it looks the same
  • Disliked — way way way overpriced for the dive that it has become
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jimkohn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlton
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Carlton
Comfort Inn West
#10 of 33 in Duluth
Days Inn Duluth/By Miller Hill Mall
Best Western Plus Spirit Mountain Duluth

Been to Black Bear Casino Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!