All reviewsfree buffetprime ribbreakfast buffetslot machinesnice roomplayers cardsitting areastayed one nightbeds were very comfortableking bedplayers clubtwin citiesgamblingduluthpayoutsconcerttile
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the older section of the hotel and everything was good. The room was a bit run down, but clean. The only issue I had was when my jacuzzi jets stopped working. The front desk staff was very helpful and had maintenance there right away. However, my wife and I left to grab something to eat and when we got back to the room the maintenance employee locked the deadbolt while he was working on the tub. Other than that everything was good. Eat at the breakfast buffet in the morning, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here to tour Duluth area. Very convenient and very reasonable prices. Nice pool and spa area. Can swim without kids from 11-12 at night. Room with 2 queen beds and they brought up a fridge and microwave for us.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I must admit, after reading the reviews, I was kind of afraid to stay. It was only one night but was still not sure what to do. We did just go for it. I will say we stayed in the tower which I understand to be the newer part. It was clean and comfy. My only concern was the pool area. I know the areas around the pool are expected to be slippery, but this just seemed to be extra slippery. I seen many guests kind of do a two step as they were caught of guard as well. The water temp was a bit cold. We did have a great time and yes... we would stay again.The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

we like black bear for the location, the buffet and for the price. We also like to game. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The only real negative is the smoke. Sometimes breathing is a little tough. Otherwise I recommend the black bear to all my friends.

Room Tip: We have had a few different rooms. All have been good. If you have two couples sharing a room, ask for the queen suite. There is a bathroom the partially separates the two beds and they each have there own tv.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We 3 stayed here for one night. The cost was 80.plus tax . For getting players cards (free), we received 10. each in gambling credits, plus 3. in free food coupons each. We received 24 back in cash, after gambling (we know when to quit and play only video poker, which needs at least a little skill). So, the room actually "cost" us only 47., considering the free food. Back to the room--we stayed in the older section in a poolside suite. I was only expecting a room with 2 beds, but was given the suite, which included a sofa and a door to the pool.Also, oddly, we had 2 televisions, but in one room, one only needs one tv. There was an ironing board and a coffeepot. The beds were comfortable and the sofa was fine as a sofa, but uncomfortable as a hideabed (although most are). The room was clean; the bottom of the bathroom door was scuffed and nicked, but the bathroom was clean. I knew the rooms in the new section were nicer, but they also cost more money. This room was clean and acceptable.

Room Tip: If you are a golfer, do not miss Black Bear Golf Course. It is especially beautiful and well kept up. Twilight rates are only 18, including a cart.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family