“Maybe the best value anywhere near Duluth”

Seven Fires Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Carlton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Seven fires is attached to the Black Bear Casino. The smoking going on inside the building is obnoxious and the tribe would make a lot of money if the went smoke free, but that's not the point here. The point here is STEAK, and they are good at it. The other point is VALUE, and they are good at it too. There is nowhere else in the area where you can enjoy a couple of perfectly cooked steaks and a bottle of wine with your favorite other - plus the regular sides, great service, descent atmosphere (if nobody is smoking) and a really yummy breadbasket and get away for way less than $100. I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone and have returned several times personally.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Fine dining restaurant. I recommend the petit filet. It melts in your mouth like butter! The service is great too.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We ate here for Valintines Day dinner, the food and service was very good but they failed to remind us that the restuarant is all no smoking, there is not a no-smoking area. When 4 people at the next table lit up it spoiled our dinner. Had we known that even the restuarants were smoking we would not have made reservations.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was our 48th anniversary and we had hopes of a special dinner. The server was inattentive, she seemed like she just wanted to get her hours in and go home, very uncaring. We had the lobster dinner and it was overdone and stringy. We told our server this and she was not interested in our comment at all. We also wrote the food and beverage manager and never heard a word back from him/her with an apology or anything. We will never go back there again, even though the location is good for us.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was very surprised by the food here. After just coming back from Las Vegas and eating at the top two steakhouses in Vegas I had my doubts or should I say my expectations where low. No this is not at the same level as the very high end places but I will say it is the best steak I have had in the Duluth superior area and I eat out a lot. I had the bone in rib eye which was cooked very well and was a really nice cut of meat...Price was right on par at $26.00 for the steak. Blackwoods ribeye is good but much more expensive and this one was better. A little bit of a drive from Duluth but worth it!