“Very clean and friendly”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cambridge
Madison, Wisconsin
“Very clean and friendly”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Spent three nights there while visiting family. Housekeeping staff kept our rooms clean, hotel was clean and front desk was efficient. I would stay there again if I am in the area. Reasonable selection for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
CrossingsCambridge, Front Office Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am glad you found our staff friendly and your room was kept clean by our housekeeping department.

It's nice to hear you would visit us when in the area. We look forward to seeing you again.

Brandy Wempner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed here last year when I came to visit my brother I hadn't seen for years and it was so refreshing to have a marvelous comfortable and clean room to come home to in the evening. The service was just excellent all around.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CrossingsCambridge, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am pleased to hear you had good time here in Cambridge. We look forward to your next visit.

Respectfully,
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I want to start by saying that I have NOT stayed at this hotel, but I book travel for a large medical staffing company and we have used this hotel for a total of 154 days this year so far. We currently have over 100 nurses traveling and staying at hotels all over the U.S. and I have used different brands of hotels in each area that we have placed our traveling nurses. I naturally have a few favorites, but The Crossings by GrandStay in Cambridge, MN is at the top of my list, primarily due to the wonderful GM, Brandy Wempner. She has continuously gone above and beyond to take care of and accommodate our nurses more than any GM at any hotel I have dealt with in the U.S. When large events and sold out dates at the hotel threatened to leave our nurse without a room when her assignment was extended at the last minute, Brandy took the time to check the cancellations daily and keep me informed of the status on a daily basis Our nurses have been extremely happy staying at this hotel as well. They say it is nice, clean and has a friendly staff, and making them happy is what is the most important to me and to our company. I just wanted to recognize Brandy and her Staff for going above and beyond and I encourage anyone traveling to the Cambridge area to try this hotel, you won't be sorry.
Jennifer D.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
CrossingsCambridge, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Jennifer,

Thank you so much! Here at the Crossings we take customer care seriously. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

I look forward to serving your travel needs.

Lake City, Minnesota
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Have stayed here many times on business. Great rooms great staff good price. It is my home away from home.Excellant!!!! Always stay in King Size jacuzzi suite and is always a perfect stay. Pool area is lovely and staff is very helpful.

Room Tip: king size jacuzzi from is very spacious.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CrossingsCambridge, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
LoriAnna,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was exceptional.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a wedding party and booked 5 rooms and when we came back after the wedding only 3 of the vehicles could park here and the remaining 2 had to park at Remax. We had to walk 8 dressed up people across wet muddy grass or on the dirt road. So whats the point of registering my vehicle if they dont have enough parking spaces. The clerk said some people have two vehicles and thats why they are full. How is this fair? Tell them they need to park their 2nd vehicle over at remax. The clerk also said well we are the only hotel in town so if you dont like it go to North Branch...oh thank you that is great customer service.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank laurena2188
CrossingsCambridge, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for brining these issues to my attention. I'm concerned about your experiencing with our hotel and I will be looking into these matters.

I wanted to let you know that we do, on occasion fill our parking lot and that is the reason we set up overflow parking with our close neighbors. Unfortunately we are in the season of road construction and where there is usually a large sidewalk, there is not at this point.

I am however, truly concerned with the customer service. This is not a standard of service we provide. I will be looking into this matter and take it very seriously.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. It was disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Thank you for your time, and letting me know about your experience.

Eau Claire
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel was previously a Country Inn and Suites. Ithink that it is now nicer in some ways. Rooms are nicely appointed and clean. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Nice outside area to sit when weather permits. I would say that it is a good value.

Room Tip: This property does not have an elevator, so consider the 1st floor if this is an issue for you.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CrossingsCambridge, Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us a great review. We appreciate your comments.
Hope to see you again when you are in the Cambridge area.

Respectfully,
Brandy Wempner - General Manager
and the staff at the Crossings Inn
Hinckley, Illinois
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I won't say anything terrible about this Inn, but I was not enthusiast about my stay either. I am a frequent business traveler and due to a family emergency this week, I picked this Inn due to the proximity to my family. The upside was this establishment was clean and quiet. I always do an inspection of my hotel room upon arrival and I was happy to see no mold in the bathroom, sheets and towels appeared to be fresh, and no cobwebs in the corners. Downside were a couple things, when we went down to breakfast at 7:15am, both regular coffee thermoses were empty and there was very little left on the breakfast buffet. There were only four people in the dining area at the time, so I don't know if there was a mad rush right at 6am or what happened. Second, there is no elevator in this hotel that we were aware of. So, if mobility is an issue or you have a lot of luggage, may want to think twice. Third, we were over charged for our stay and I am still waiting for two days refund. At the time of booking, I reserved 3-days not knowing how long our relative would be in the hospital, we ended up only staying one night, for which I gave the front desk 24 hours notice that we were leaving early. So, in closing the Inn was clean and the staff were pleasant, but not much in amenities.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if you don't want to do stairs.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CrossingsCambridge, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I'm concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

I would like to explain the credit card situation. As most hotels do, when you check in we authorize your card for the amount of your stay. After checking out early, it will take 3-5 business days to release the difference. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

I am very please however, that your found our rooms clean and quiet.

Please be assured that the issues you've raised about breakfast have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Brandy Wempner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Chisago City
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mora
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Forest Lake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#2 of 2 in Chisago City
AmericInn Lodge & Suites North Branch

Been to GrandStay Hotel & Suites Cambridge? Share your experiences!