Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa
Hollin Hall Hotel(Macclesfield)
The Bridge Hotel(Prestbury)
Legh Arms(Prestbury)
View Hotel
Mottram Hall(Mottram St. Andrew)
Chadwick House Hotel(Macclesfield)
    Deanwater Hotel(Stockport)
    Navigation Inn(Buxworth)
    2,959 results
    All reviewsgolf coursecourtyard barafternoon teaold churchevening mealjacuzzi bathpeak districtdeluxe roomleisure facilitiesself serviceleisure clubthree course meallovely settinggolf breaknight breakbirthday treatshort break
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed January 19, 2014

Beautiful looking hotel from the outside, with gorgeous views. Our room was definately in need of refurbishment. The bathroom was big, bright and not bad but the bedroom was very dark and drab. Thought we would relax and read a book before the party we were attending. No way could you read anything in that light.The room was very cold when we arrived, the radiator had been turned off. It was only when we came back after the party and realised it was leaking, we knew why. Breakfast was very nice and the service we received was ok.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
    1  Thank jean lee l
    Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear jean lee l,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us. I'm sorry to read you didn't find your room suitable for reading due to the lighting conditions, I will look into the room in which you stayed and make our maintenance team aware along with the radiator issue. Again I apologise. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Gorgeous looking hotel and grounds from the outside, in a lovely location. Family rooms are right at the other end of the hotel, and have clearly been forgotten about - drab, and didn't feel very clean as the room was in need of a complete refurb. That said, we got a good deal with DBB. The restaurant was lovely, great food and extremely friendly staff, so it does pain me to give a poor review of the overall hotel. Don't make the mistake we made, and let your 5-year old son get excited about the pitch and putt before you look at it yourself - it's very small, and had been damaged by the strong winds (fair enough, but please close it, or don't try to charge us £9 to play!).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    2  Thank Mandy R

Dear Mandy R,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us. I'm upset to read of your disappointment with our family rooms, our hotel has a quirky nature to it which means our family rooms have been built as part of the new build of the hotel, however there is no excuse for them feeling unclean and will pass this to our housekeeping manager. As stated we have experienced very high winds over the winter period and I will make it a priority to look in to the pitch and putt's condition. Lovely you found our restaurant experience great and our staff friendly. I do hope we can welcome yourself and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have stayed numerous occasions at Shrigley Hall, my company spend a fortune in this place...., and must say that my visit 2 weeks ago proves that it's all getting a bit tired.
    I arrive on a windy/wet night and went to my room, In the old part of the building, spent the whole night listening to my old single glazed wooden windows rattle & rattle.
    The room was cold and bathroom colder...... I always get a bit suspicious when you enter a room and the first thing that greets you is a portable heater ready to be used!
    The furniture in the room was also a bit tired as well, well scuffed in places.
    Breakfast..... typical attempt of a large hotel at a good breakfast, inedible bacon and fried eggs like erasers. Told the waitress to get some fresh eggs cooked.
    Interestingly as well, the large conference room we was in beginning to tire as well...... significant old water damage on the ceiling needs tidying up.
    Don't get me wrong......... lovely setting etc etc but significant investment required to warrant 4 star quality rating......... luckily I don't pay for this..... if I had at prevailing rate would have needed to discuss with hotel my thoughts.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
    2  Thank Colin M

Dear Colin M,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us. I'm disappointed to read of your recent stay not being up to expectation and I sincerely apologise for this. Our hotel is very traditional and dates back to 1825, however we are undergoing a refurbishment programme which will carry on throughout 2014 to give the hotel an uplift, this will include the bedrooms and conference rooms which have recently undergone a significant makeover. I will ensure to pass your comments on to the breakfast supervisor regarding keeping the food refreshed and of high quality, I apologise for this. I do hope we can keep welcoming you back to stay with us via your company and that you enjoy the positive chnages we are continuing to make.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Shrigley Hall Hotel is yet to disappoint. When returning this is always a worry, but if anything the food in the restaurant seemed even more delicious! The swimming pool is always a great place to unwind after a long drive and in such lovely surroundings. The staff are friendly and the room clean and well furnished. The only small negative is that the new and older parts of the building create a bit of a warren when trying to find your room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear Sara D,

Thank you for your great review following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. Lovely to read you had another perfect stay with us and found the dinner in the Oakridge restaurant delicious, I will ensure to pass this praise on to the Chef. Thanks for your comments towards the signage across the new and old part of the hotel, we are looking into renewing this. I look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This was a package deal organised by our local coach company who we cannot fault. We arrived late after a long journey. Driver got a little bit lost trying to locate the hotel. There were 4 of us in our party. Our room was a long way from the dining room and other facilties and consequently a long, cold walk. It was October. Lots of stairs to climb too. Our room was pretty basic. When we viewed our relatives room it was far superior, in a better location and with better facilities. Meals were good but we often had to wait a very long time to be served and had to keep catching the eye of the waiter/waitresses. The hotel is in a pleasant location. However, there were some very dangerous health and safety issues. On the first night our brother-in-law went to open the sash window in their room but it was not secure and came crahing down onto his hand causing a very nasty injury which necessitated calling for help and then a 999 trip to hospital A & E Dept. in Macclesfield where his finger was stitched up. It was lucky he withdraw his hand quickly, otherwise it would have been much worse. Blood everywhere and no sleep that night on their return after a 4 hr wait for treatment. I also noticed that one of the steps leading up to the front door of the hotel was out of place and wobbly. There were several elderly people on our trip, some of which needed walking sticks. Should they have stumbled over this step, they would have fallen badly. I reported it to the staff on Reception who came and took a look. Whilst we were compensated fully for the cost of our holiday, I feel these events should never have happened in the first place and it totally spoilt our break away and also having to deal every day with various Managers. Not what you want when you go away. When our room was cleaned, pyjamas etc., were just left screwed up wherever we had left them, so not good.

Room Tip: Ask for one closer to dining area and lounges.
    • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
    1  Thank Frances N
    Saffron C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Frances N,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us. I must first sincerely apologise regarding the events that occured during your holiday and must agree that these shouldn't have happened. Your brother-in-law's incident was reported for the attention of the hotel and our maintenance team have seen to the window in the room. The hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment programme to up date bedrooms and the exterior of the hotel. I do apologise for the inconsistency you received seeing different management, sometimes this can't be helped with shift patterns, however I can see how this would be frustrating. I will take all points back to my team to go through, review and put new procedures in place. I really hope we can welcome you back in the near future to experience the positive changes in place throughout the hotel.