“Amazing 10th anniversary”

Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pott Shrigley
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We booked the trip to celebrate our 10th anniversary and the hotel staff ensured we had a fantastic room and treated us to a card and half bottle of Cava. We were on the Dine, stay and sparkle deal which is very good value for money and all the staff were very smart and went out of their way to ensure we had a fantastic stay. Thanks, Mike & Natalie!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steve C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Mike B,

I was so pleased to read of how much you enjoyed celebrating your tenth wedding anniversary here with us at Shrigley Hall. I'm so glad that my team were able to make this special occasion so memorable and I do hope you will return to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Excellent weekend stay, the staff gave some of the best service I have ever received and were very friendly at all times. We were up-graded on arrival and the room was very nice. The food was fantastic, great all-round experience.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Deb D

Dear Deb D,

I was delighted to read your positive comments following your recent stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm so pleased that you the service you received from our team was of such a great standard; I will ensure this passed onto them. I hope you can return and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

So we only stayed over as it was a friends wedding & we got the wedding guest rate of £89 not £150 which it would have been had we not been a wedding guest & i certainly would not have payed that , the hotel itself & surroundings are beautiful but the room we stayed in defiantly needed some tlc the ceiling paper was peeling of and in the bathroom the ceiling had grubby hand prints on also dog hairs in the bedroom , did love the jacuzzi bath tho very nice and the breakfast included all you can eat was lovely great for the hangover , the bar prices were very steep to we did expect that as we had been told by friends , I think the the £89 is a good price tho for what we got tho would only stay again if it was for a special occasion .

1  Thank Mel P

Dear melissabarrett86,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us. I'm pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay, although I was concerned to read of the cleanliness issues with your room. I will ensure these are addressed with my team. We are working hard to refresh and rejuvenate the hotel and I hope you will return to see the changes we have made.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just stayed for a spa weekend with my mum and had a great time.
We had various treatments in the spa although the pedicure was just your average nail polish and we were advised that it would take an hour to dry! I'd definitely recommend the facial and the tranquility room the did them in was beautiful.
Pool, sauna and steam room all good.

Staff were friendly and helpful all round.

Dinner was lovely but not a huge menu choice.
Breakfast was also good, choice cereals, toast, fruit and a cooked breakfast but no hash browns arghh!

Hotel and grounds were really lovely and luxurious.

Had a lovely experience and the deal we got was well worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Jen J,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay here with us at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. i was delighted to read how much you and your mum enjoyed the spa treatments and dinner in our Oakridge Restaurant. we are currently looking at our breakfast offering and I will take your suggestion of has browns on board for consideration. i do hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have just returned from a four day break at the hotel. On the plus side the initial impression on entering the hotel is that it warrants its four star rating. However, when we were shown to our room on the 2nd floor (Room 207) my friend and I were very disappointed; the carpet had stains on it, the wallpaper was very old and had water marks on it by the window - from which you had to stand on tiptoe to see the view. On entering the bathroom there were many cracked tiles on the floor and also the grouting was missing in several places. There was also a smell of drains coming from beneath one of the washbasins. The room was also incredibly hot. We went to reception and were shown to another room (130) - this was better decorated but rather dingy and looked out onto roof of another part of the hotel. We decided to go back to our original room but the only way we could get any sleep was to have the window wide open at night as the air conditioning was too noisy to keep on. However, the staff in the dining room went out of their way to be helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was also very well cooked and presented and although we were with a coach group there was a good choice on the menu. I would recommend this hotel for comfort and service but unfortunately our room was not of a four star standard and I feel this detracted from our overall enjoyment of the holiday.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get Room 207.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jeannette P,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay here with us. I was upset to read of your dissatisfaction with your room. We are currently in the process of redecorating a number of our rooms and I will ensure I personally check your room and address the issues you have raised. I am glad to read that you found our restaurant team helpful and enjoyed the food. I do hope you will return to stay with us again to see the changes we are making.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We spent a night at Shrigley Hall recently whilst visiting relatives nearby. Shrigley Hall is set in a lovely location about 15 minutes by car from nearby Macclesfield. The Hall is set on a golf course with lovely views of the English countryside. The Hall is surprisingly large and a bit of a labyrinth inside. I got lost going from our room to the lobby as the floor layout doesn't follow your conventional style hotel - but then again, that's part of its overall charm. Our room was a good size with a very comfortable king size bed and good sized bathroom and it was spotlessly maintained. The staff were lovely and very helpful. Breakfast was included and it was a very nice buffet style breakfast with hotel and cold selections - and the hot food was hot and fresh, unlike some hotel buffets. All in all, a great place to stay but if you're there for more than golf you will need a car to get around as there is nothing nearby within walking distance.

Dear Kathy3197,

Thank you for your positive comments following your recent stay here at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I was delighted to receive your praise for my team and will ensure this is passed on. We have recently introduced a number of walks around the estate and are looking to introduce more activities in the coming months for those who are not here for the golf. I do hope you will return in the near future to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here on a 1 night golfing break.The staff on the Reception Desk were efficient but not exactly welcoming. Also when we left, the girl did not even ask if we had enjoyed our stay!! The room was very nice but there was quite a lot of noise as people walked past late in the evening. Dinner was nice but the service was very slow. We had to wait about 30-40 minutes for our desserts to arrive. The golf course is very challenging and there are a lot of steep slopes to negotiate. Would recommend a buggy for those who aren't fit.

Dear SandstoneUK,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us; I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the couple of issues you did experience. I hope that these did not have a negative impact on your experience and I will ensure this constructive feedback is used to help us improve. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pott Shrigley
#6 of 9 in Buxton
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!