“great weekend...”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pott Shrigley
Manchester, United Kingdom
“great weekend...”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had a fantastic weekend at this hotel for our wedding anniversary. Hotel staff are very welcoming and helpfull. Food in the restaurant at dinner and breakfast was fantastic, the only draw back is, like me, you have any food allergies eg, nuts the choice becomes limited but the staff go out of there way to make you an alternative. The spa experience was great as were the facilities. The only thing I'd be aware of if you book the spa weekend special is to check your final bill, there were a few add ons on our bill which even the staff didn't now what they were, got it all refunded though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank pcashinella
Steve C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear pcashinella,

I was pleased to read your positive comments following your anniversary stay here at Shrigley Hall Hotel, we are very proud of both our friendly service and quality of food served in the Oakridge restaurant. I was pleased to read that the team went out of their way to offer you an alternative because of your allergy. I do hope you will return and stay with us soon.

Steve Cook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

we only stayed one night at the hotel. Room was lovely with 4 poster and jacuzzi bath. Leisure center had pool steam and sauna . The views outside the hotel were very nice. The evening meal was good (no eating places nearby without driving). Breakfast was fine with a good selection, not too busy for this large hotel.

Dear bjp_11,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here at Shrigley Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Collection. We have recently introduced our new four poster bedrooms, all fitted with Jacuzzi baths,i'm so glad you enjoyed a relaxing time here with and do hope you will return soon.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Me and my husband spent a very relaxing break at shrigley. Our room was ready on arrival ,although not a scenic view we overlooked the court yard which was quite pleasant. Our break included breakfast and evening meal the latter was excellent the food was of a good standard and the service was first class from the minute we entered we were looked after well. The wine waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. On the other hand I thought breakfast was a bit disorganised. People were asking for cutlery and there seemed to be some delay with tea and coffee. The hotel is in a lovely area with views overlooking the golf course. Although we did'nt use the leisure facilities we did check them out and they looked very good. Hopefully we will go back soon and make use of all shrigley has to offer.

Dear eleve3417,

Thank you for your positive comments following your recent stay here at Shrigley Hall Hotel. I was delighted to read of how much you enjoyed the evening meal in our Oakridge restaurant; our breakfasts can be extremely busy, however, they should never be disorganised - so I have passed these comments onto my team to address. I'm glad to see that you hope to return soon and will be able to enjoy all we have to offer.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Simply WOW! What an incredible few days my wife and I had for our anniversary. The staff were so very welcoming when we checked in and a lovely bottle of champagne on ice greeted us on entering the room. Both the breakfast and the evening meals were stunning. We were also so very impressed with the leisure facilities and the golf course has incredible views as well as some very difficult holes! Certainly a trip that will forever stay in our memory. Many, many thanks.

Dear Sweatmans,

I was delighted to read of how much you enjoyed your anniversary stay here with us at Shrigley Hall hotel, part of the Puma Collection. I'm glad we were able to make it such a memorable and special stay for you. I will ensure your positive comments are passed onto my team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

we were booked in for the weekend arrived about 8pm reception was good quick and easy to check in. then it went down hill our room no 211 has NO WINDOW it had two roof lights that were dirty with frosted glass and rubbish on them we could not see what it was like outside the Jacuzzi bath didn't work the bathroom fan didn't work no restaurant menus available only on reception in a plastic holder. we were not acknowledged by any member while we wandered around the hotel the staff in the spa area just carried on with there work sat in at the desk (3 of them) did not even look up, it wasn't until 7pm the next day we were acknowledged by a member of staff in the bar friendly chap should be in charge of staff moral. Even the breakfast staff looked like they could not give a dam what name was it that was the extent of conversation with them.as for the breakfast more motorway service than 4 star service. On departure there was no question of did you have a good stay or any friendly enquiry in to our stay. I think they are only interested in wedding party's lots of drunk people giving them lots of money for over priced drinks. If this hotel has a manager he must scare the staff to death or he is never there to see how the hotel runs. But remember room 211 is a room without a view.

Room Tip: Not room 211
3 Thank kevin g
Dear Kevin G,

I was sorry to read of your disappointment following your recent stay here; I can assure you that this is not the norm - our team often get praised for their friendly and attentive service and i'm truly sorry that this wasn't in evidence during your stay. Due to the listed nature of the building room 211 is a feature room and cannot be altered, it does offer a large open seating area, raised pedestal bed and Jacuzzi bath; however, it does only have skylights to let in natural light. i will ensure the issues you mentioned are addressed. I do hope you will return to stay with us again one day and allow us the opportunity to show you the friendly hospitality I know we usually deliver.

Travelers are raving about these Pott Shrigley hotels

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have stayed at Shrigley Hall many times, it is a classy attractive hotel set in the Cheshire countryside. With a most impressive entrance area and stairwell it oozes a class of a bygone age.
There was a time a few years back when it was looking a little tired but I must say my most recent experience was most enjoyable.
The reception staff were very accommodating and the staff in the dining room most welcoming and helpful.
I will return !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ian J,

Thank you for your positive comments following your recent stay here at Shrigley Hall hotel, part of the Puma Collection. We have been working hard over the past few months on a program of redecoration and refurbishment and i'm really pleased to see this is shining through. I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us soon.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just spent a night at the hotel, really awful experience.....we had a room overlooking the bar courtyard, excessive guest noise from the courtyard at 12.10am early morning disturbed us, this could be heard loudly from our room resulting in a call from me to the front desk to complain, I believe the end result was the Chef and local Police called to control the situation with guests (from a wedding party I understand).

The 2nd incident was at 2.45am again excessive noise from the courtyard that could be heard in guest rooms, we also witnessed naked guests in the courtyard, truly appalling....I again called the front desk and spoke to the duty manager who assured me this situation would be resolved, this group dispersed around 3.30am...

Throughout the night both me and my partner witnessed the bar staff serving alcohol to these groups even though they were clearly out of control and severely under the influence of alcohol? surely this is not acceptable on any level?. We actually felt like we were staying in a youth hostel, I felt really sorry for anyone staying in a room around the courtyard area. The young girl we saw serving did not have any control or authority over these groups, this needs to be enforced immediately to ensure the well being and safety of guests. All current hotel operation processes and measures failed on this evening. We had virtually no sleep due to the distress and interruptions thorough the night, myself and my partner were very upset and spent bank holiday Monday in bed to recapture lost sleep....

Even at reception when we arrived there was no smile, and the reception lady was not knowledgeable about the hotel in general...she did have trainee on her lapel.
When we went to the room there were breakfast trays left outside rooms for new guests to view, bearing in mind we arrived at 5.00pm...the room however was very clean and well presented.

I would never stay at this hotel again, which is a pity as we had stayed there many times before. The hotel manager is currently investigating these issues....

1 Thank DSBCheshire
Dear Mr Beck,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the incidents that occurred during your stay, as discussed with you on departure this is definitely not the norm. I understand that my General manager has been in touch with you and I can assure you the issues have been addressed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pott Shrigley
The Palace Hotel
#6 of 9 in Buxton
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington

Been to Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!