“Bring ear plugs if not part of a wedding party” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pott Shrigley
Surrey
“Bring ear plugs if not part of a wedding party”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have stayed at Shrigley hall on many occasions on both business and leisure. I booked last minute for Friday evening as in the Stockport location. Upon check in it was obvious that Weddings were occurring and I questioned if our room would be affected by the noise. I was informed we shouldn't be as we're on the second floor. By midnight I had to call reception and ask for ear plugs to which I was informed they did not stock them. The music was so loud I didn't get to sleep until about 130 /2 am. Disappointing given I had specifically asked the question.
I should also add as I was enjoying afternoon tea with my daughter the wedding parties emptied out onto the courtyard, which again made it very noisy and not as enjoyable as it should have been.
In summary, if you are going as part of the wedding party you will have a lovely wedding, if you are going for a relaxing chill maybe check first if weddings are being held (I was informed they generally have 2 per day over Friday and Saturdays in the wedding season) and expect to hear the noise from the parties until 2 am.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Steve C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear SurreyTracy_L,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay here. It is true that owing to our fantastic location we are extremely popular as a wedding venue. We always attempt to locate guests not attending weddings in the quieter parts of the hotel that will not be affected by guests celebrating. I'm sorry to hear that you were still disturbed on the night of your stay and have taken your suggestions on board to see if any further improvements can be made. I hope this has not put you off returning and look forward to welcoming you back to Shrigley again soon.

Steve Cook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
Creetown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

As the mother of the groom I would like to offer the biggest vote of thanks to the many staff who went out of their way to help me during my 3dy stay. having my own golf buggy & driver.bar & dinning room staff. The front desk.ladies it was never too much trouble.thank you.staff in Tilden suit..WOW...Chris bar-man & driver par excellence..I wish I'd taken note of more names now..to the gentleman who was over seeing the event...well you even hugged me goodby as you walked me out to see me off..The wedding event was truely a wonderfull experience..ofcourse having such beautifull weather helped..but you ran it like clockwork..though the speaches ran over-time.the meal was superb .oh & supper was out of this world.who doesn't want a bacon/sausage barm to soak up all that booze...no doubt about it 10 outa 10 from us..even with the fire alarm going off at 4-30 that morning..ha.ha well we got to all meet up real early well in time for the wedding. once more very well done from us all...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear sandyrosecottage,

I was delighted to read your positive comments following the celebration of your son's wedding here at Shrigley Hall, part of the Puma Hotels Group.We take great pride in organising amazing weddings and I am so pleased that the day was everything you wanted. I hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just spent 2 nights nights at Shrigley Hall attending a wedding. We spent the Thursday night before the wedding and had a beautiful 3 course meal meal in a private room. The wedding was then on the Friday.
The hotel is beautiful with a gorgeous spa, lovely courtyard with outside bar and magnificent golf course. They recommend walks around the course of varying lengths which is a lovely thing to do after breakfast. We stayed in the old part of the hall so no air con but a fan was provided. Room was comfortable with a big, clean bed and large bathroom with toiletries. Breakfast was buffet style with lots of choice both hot and cold.
The wedding was lovely, a perfect venue as everything on hand. Staff are very helpful, polite and plentiful, always someone at hand to ask for help or to serve drinks. The wedding breakfast was delicious and the evening buffet excellent.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend Shrigley Hall.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new bit have air con and are quieter but it is a trek from the main bit. Also we were t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ruth G,

I was delighted to read your positive comments following your recent stay and attendance at a wedding here at Shrigley Hall, part of the Puma Hotels Group. We take great pride in organising fantastic weddings here and i'm glad thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the two days here.

Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We bought a Saturday night deal on secret escapes for dinner bed and breakfast at this hotel. The location is awesome and the views from the front of the hotel absolutely stunning.

Our rooms were right at the back of the hotel overlooking a car park. They were clean although a tad tired. We ate in the restaurant and overall the food was good. Disappointingly the wine cellar appeared somewhat depleted - we were unable to order a NZ Sauv Blanc to accompany our meal.

The following morning's breakfast was fine - though we did have to wait some time for a table.

The night we spent at Shrigley Hall represented very good value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chestertripper
Dear Chestertripper,

I was pleased to read your positive comments following your recent stay here at Shrigley Hall, part of the Puma Hotels Group.It is true that we were struggling with some of our wines at the time, but i am pleased to say we have now updated our wine list. I'm happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you return again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Good value break for 2 nights dinner one night food was lovely accept I ordered risotto for main course which was horrible no favour just tasted like boiled rice with a few veg staff we lovely and offered to exchange it had the cod which was wonder the starters and derserts we wonderful if was just the risotto. Afternoon tea was wonderful. OverAll great stay

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tvic
Dear Tvic,

I was delighted to read your positive comments following your recent stay here at Shrigley Hall, part of the Puma Hotels Group.I'm sorry that the risotto you ordered was not up to our usual standard, but i am pleased to see my team addressed this and exchanged it. I hope you are able to come and stay with us again soon.

lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at Shrigley Hall recently on a spa break deal... The hotel is lovely and decorated appropriately for a building of its age. Staff seemed a little disorganised in the dining/bar areas regarding what was included in the break package and we had to walk to reception again to get confirmation of what was included to give the staff. Food generally good but there was a £9 surcharge for steak on the table dote menu which we felt a little excessive and a few other choices had run out which left a very limited choice. Would definitely stay again though and if you enjoy golf this is the hotel for you . Only other suggestion I would have for them is maybe to mention if you are not staying in the actual hall as that is partly why we went and when we arrived we were in an annex building to the back and not in the hall.

Room Tip: Check if you are in the actual hall when booking
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear loucolman,

Thank you for your recent review and for your mostly positive comments. I will be sure to take on your constructive feedback and pass it onto the team to help us improve our service. I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The whole hotel is shabby and it is over priced. The rooms were barely satisfactory, looked dirty and all the furnishings need throwing away. Have stayed in far superior 4 stars for less money, at best this is a grotty 3 star. Shame because he views are lovely. Breakfast was shocking. I have never witnessed such a shambolic effort, some people had to wait upto an hour for a table and there was not enough staff, and they seemed to not really care. Would not stay again and would strongly not recommend,

Stayed July 2013
Steve C, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Nickh777,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here with us. I was sorry to read that your stay did not meet with the high standards I know we normally achieve. I will ensure we use your constructive feedback, especially concerning the issues you experienced at breakfast, to make positive changes where possible.

Travelers are raving about these Pott Shrigley hotels

Crewe Hall
Crewe Hall
#2 of 9 in Crewe
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,047 reviews

Been to Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!