Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa
Hollin Hall Hotel(Macclesfield)
$65
$63
Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
$70
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
$45
Travelodge
Legh Arms(Prestbury)
$83
Mottram Hall(Mottram St. Andrew)
$129
$122
Deanwater Hotel(Stockport)
$100
Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
$71
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Chadwick House Hotel(Macclesfield)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
    2,989 results
    All reviewsgolf coursecourtyard barafternoon teaold churchevening mealjacuzzi bathpeak districtdeluxe roomleisure facilitiesself serviceleisure clubthree course meallovely settinggolf breaknight breakbirthday treatshort break
    Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night. 13 Oct 2012 for a friends wedding reception. (Monique & Len). We stayed in room 110 which is just lovely. Four poster bed. Double sash windows affording the most superb views over the rolling Cheshire plains.

The staff were, without exception, friendly, helpful and knowledgable.

To be fair to people going here - we paid a little extra for a room at the front of the hotel in the original building so can't comment on other rooms in the additional blocks to the rear.

I'd rather pay that little bit more and get a really nice experience - which is exactly what we got.

The only comment I could have is a question on the price of bottles of champagne.

We were offered perfectly acceptable bottles at approx £30-£35. I was shocked that Mumms was quoted at £100? I can get Dom / Cristal at that price.

All in all -fantastic location, great staff, good value. Loved it.

Thanks

Mark and Ali.

Room Tip: Room 110 / 112. Any room in the front overlooking the views. 1st floor was great.
    • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
    2  Thank scoobyACZ
    ShrigleyGolfGM, General Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Mark

Thank you for your "wonderful" review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Recently stayed and had a lovely experience. All the staff were friendly and helpful, the leisure centre was nice. The food was excellent from afternoon tea to dinner and breakfast. Would definitely recommend it .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your comments to the team.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed two nights in August to attend a family wedding. Our room was very spacious and overlooked the fabulous golf greens and wooded valley. However the upgraded room we were given only had a double bed, although this was a four poster and was very comfortable. The breakfast food was good and the staff were very pleasant.However, I do think that the room rates are extremely high for the level of furnishings and amenities within the rooms. Having booked well in advance of the wedding we discovered on speaking to other guests that rates were not consistent and others had paid a great variety of charges.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
    2  Thank Traveller60England

Thank you very much for your review.

I am delighted that on the whole you enjoyed your stay.

As our rates are not fixed we do offer a variety of offers depending on when booked and on what package and what availability we have.

I do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Recently stayed overnight to attend a wedding reception. From arrival to departure, my partner and I experienced great service from the staff who were very welcoming and attentive. Our room was, as described on the website. We did, however, discover that the toilet flush handle was not working properly. Literally, within minutes of reporting it to reception, we were upgraded to another room. It was fantastic? We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I have stayed at the hotel several times and can honestly say the service far exceeded previous occasions, and the breakfast was great, such a fantastic choice! Definitely will go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
    1  Thank Suzanne C
    ShrigleyGolfGM, General Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Suzanne

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Thanks

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed for a wedding and whilst the wedding was fantastic and food great the rest was really disappointing.
    We had two rooms ours was ok but bathroom grimy, windows mouldy and roof we looked out over damp and smelly. We arrived to the room being heated to thirty degrees....really who has a room that hot. Floorboards very squeaky been in very old hotels before never suffered such a noise from floor boards.
    Our daughter and her two year old in other room, clearly they choose the best place for a mum and child, third floor with lifts not going all the way, as far as possible from wedding and reception and reception unable to give clear directions. On arrival to her room she found it alive with Blu bottles, reception were told, thy said they would sort, they did! By spraying fly killer in, she returned after the wedding to find floor and beds covered in bluebottles .....lovely. Especially with a child.
    Considering this has been a hotel a while it s strange that they were surprised people would want food at breakfast and ran out of eggs (twice), hash browns and bacon so lots of waiting for more to be prepared, very badly organised
    Will not stay again and would not recommend.

Stayed: October 2012
    3  Thank Cath M

I am very sorry that your stay was not up to our usual standard.

I will look into all of your comments and take action where necessary to improve our standards.