“Nothing was too much trouble!”
Review of Robin Hood Inn

Robin Hood Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Pecket Well B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 15, 2013

After the recent loss of my dad we decided to hold the wake at the Robin Hood, there were around 150 - 200 people expected to attend and we were a little worried if the weather was poor that it would be a tight squeeze in the pub, Paul pulled out all the stops and set up 2 marques outside the pub and even set up an outside bar, nothing was too much trouble, the buffet was fantastic and we couldn't have asked for it any better so our thanks go to Liz and her team in the kitchen for catering for 150 people, we weren't disappointed! I would certainly use the robin again for any other functions and would recommend to friends, I'd like to thank Paul and all his staff for making the day perfect in helping us give my dad the send off he deserved!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kelster22

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have thought about visiting this pub for a while. Decided to go for a family meal for my daughter's 17th birthday. Was disappointed. Chips were soggy, food spilling over the plate, no mushrooms for garlic mushrooms and then no vanilla ice cream. Staff started clearing plates away before we had all finished. It was supposed to be a special family meal but everybody was disappointed. It was also very noisy above us.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Helen S
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I haven't stayed here but I had a fantastic meal. Portions are huge ! Vegetarian selection was pretty darn good not the usual same old same old. Lovely warm Yorkshire welcome, made my dogs welcome (dogs have o stay in the bar area but that suited me fine).

Great service, friendly, good food and nice ales at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol B
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We, as a couple, stayed for 2 nights over the weekend of 1st Feb. For the meal on the Friday, we had steak which was cooked and presented very nicely. Including a bottle of wine the price was very reasonable. The restaurant was warm, and the patrons added to a comfortable atmosphere.
We were in the family room at the top of the inn. The bed was comfortable and the large bathroom had a smashing shower. A large tasty breakfast set us up for the short trip to Hebden and Halifax.
All in all a lovely weekend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have eaten here many times, food is usually ok Visited one night in early January and it was like a different pub. It was cold, no one behind the bar. When someone did turn up to serve us she was in a rush and got our drinks order wrong. She was working the kitchen as well as the bar. Ordered food which was a 35 minute wait for even though the place was empty. When it arrived it was just Gammon And soggy chips,, no veg until we asked for it. Again, when we went to pay we had to wait a while before we could pay our bill, even then they could not find our order and had to ask us what we had had. We were looking for somewhere to stay next time we are in Halifax but reading the reviews I think I will give this place a miss.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Normally very friendly & efficient. Serving very large portions & great veggie menu to choose from. However the home cooked chips are nothing special just like your average frozen ones (& I have had them quite a few times over the last few months). Veggie cottage pie is recommended. One gripe staff can be hit & miss recently had rude barmaid who decided to take personal phone call halfway through taking our drinks order & was on the phone for a good few minutes - hopefully it was a one off if I wasn't so hungry I would have walked out!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dogsspotter
Reviewed August 29, 2012

my husband and i stayed for one night on a saturday while visiting a friendwho lives in hebden bridge.
the staff are faultless, very friendly and welcoming.
the pub is ok for a drink but i wouldnt eat here or stay here again, my husband ordered fillet steak but it looked more like sirloin and was overcooked for how he asked for it, the chips were like kids crinkle cut from tesco or something and all three of us had to share a tiny bowl of salad! i had lasagne which was ok but very plain.

the room was tiny which you would expect because the building is old and small but it was crammed with a double bed, a single bed, a tiny tv and tea and coffee making facilities, the ensuite bathroom was better needed finishing off but was complete plumbing wise with shower, toilet and wash basin. cant comment on shower as we didnt use it but looked nicely done, toilet worked fine and wash basin also fine. bed way soft thought it was going to swallow me up!

breakfast was good plenty of toast, would be nice to help yourself to more juice, tea, coffee and cereal.

overall it was ok for one nights stay.

Room Tip: we stayed in the only en suite room, number 3