“Perfect for leisure or business”

Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Cottonwood
“Perfect for leisure or business”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Rooms are very clean and comfortable. They have a nice size desk and fast internet for the business traveler. Beds are very comfortable, they are pillow top mattresses. Refrigerator and microwave in rooms. Staff was very pleasant upon check in and very helpful with ideas of restaurant choices. Conveniently located right off of 35W and Burnsville Parkway. Totally recommend property to anyone!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tammy H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while we lined up an apartment in Minneapolis. It's located right next to the Burnsville exit on I-35W. The room was priced very reasonably and the room was nicer than we expected. There was nothing particularly magical about the place but everything was in order and I was given nothing to complain about, which is really all I'm looking for in a place to stay. I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Peter S
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel as I stayed their last year for the same trade show. The first time I stayed I noticed they had allowed dogs in the hotel. This time when I arrived I noticed that they posted signed everywhere no dogs. It’s sad when others do something to cause a hotel to react in such a way.

The hotel was fine for a mid-budget hotel. The issue I had was I had a first floor room in the front. At 11:30 a bunch of younger people had gathered outside to talk and drink. I called the front desk and stated I was trying to sleep as I needed to be up by 5am. He stated he could not do anything until after midnight as the township quite hours started at midnight. Really??? What town allows people to party until midnight? The next issue I had was the neighbors up stairs making noise at 4:30am. The walls are pretty thin in this hotel.

I tried to find ice on my way out and could not seem to find the ice machine and could not seem to find anyone at the desk to help me find the machine. So I left the hotel without checking out seeing no one was at the desk and they charged my credit card when I arrived which seemed strange as well.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms on the very end next to the service doors where people can come in at night...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
abviburnsvillemn, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

We pay serious attention to our guest reviews. I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will change your mind and once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis.

I think you will be greatly pleased.

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed before and recently Stayed in March for 2 nights in a King Bedroom near the office.

Seems like rooms were recently renovated and is well-kept up. New paint, bedding, and a nice flat screen TV. Wi-Fi worked well!

I believe the beds were pillow-top beds (soft) and I prefer firm beds, so I didn't have the "best" sleep. In terms of the sheets, I think they used queen sheets for a king bed because the bottom sheet was not tucked in all the way (because it was short).

Staff was pretty helpful.

Breakfast was simple - coffee, juice, danishes, muffins, oatmeal, cinnamon rolls.

Location is pretty easy to find, right off of 35. Pretty close to MOA and the airport if you want to get away from the busy life of Bloomington.

For the price, it's certainly not bad, meaning good value, which is my goal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jersey
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel was good value for my 1 night stay. The room was big and the clean, bed was comfortable, bathroom small but that's like any motel, the hotel was quiet and is in a good location for gas or food. Breakfast was ok, just pastries and coffee, the staff were all very friendly

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The good:

(1) The staff is very friendly. They beat the staff at Prime Rate across the street. The lady there actually yelled at me for not having the "foresight to make a resvervation!" Fortunately, they had rooms at ABVI and none of the staff there yelled at me!

(2) The rooms are very clean. Unlike the Travelodge next door, I did not see one bug. Also, I am not sure if all the rooms have sofas but I was lucky enough to get one with a sofa which was quite comfortable.

(3) The room rates are reasonable on the weekdays.

(4) Public transportation is excellent in this area. There is a bus directly to the Mall of America and on weekdays, directly to downtown Minneapolis that stop right in front of ABVI. The Mall bus runs seven days a week.

The bad:

(1) As another reviewer mentioned, the walls are a bit thin. If you do not smoke, ask for a room in the non-smoking section. Non-smokers tend to be quieter.

(2) Well after dark, the area becomes unsafe. I would not recommend leaving the motel after midnight. The upside is that the management tries to keep the motel, itself, safe. He will call the police if there are any sort of disturbances.

(3) The breakfast is often sparse. But, that is okay. There is a Holiday store across the street where you can buy hot breakfast sandwiches for a dollar or two!

(4) For some reason, Friday & Saturday night rates can be as much as 30% higher than weekday nights!

So, if this were on a weekday, I would most likely stay again. I can tolerate the bad to save a little money. Weekend rates are beyond my budget.

Room Tip: Try to stay on a weekday, if you can. Rates are lower.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
abviburnsvillemn, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

• Staff members received our commendation for the courteous, pleasant, accommodating manner in which they treated you, our valued guest.

• Thank you for giving us good reviews for cleanliness, room rates and Public transportation, it is very much appreciated.

• We are sorry for the bad experience you had. Management was approached about your feeling of insecurity and ways in which security is set up and about other steps that could be taken to make our valued guests feel more secure and protected.

• Breakfast staff received additional instruction in presenting a proper breakfast.

• Maintenance was informed of the problems you experienced and instructed to take required action.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Very clean, but tolietries were very sparse, 1 shamppo and one bath soap. (which we found to be the case at the other Amercian Best Value in Rochester) Roofers were working at 8 am thanks for the wake -up call. Service was terrible. (front Desk) As my husband was asking a question, the employee kept his earphones in his ears. Not friendly at all.
The bed was super clean- but for some reason the sheets only covered 3/4 of the bed,weird!
The hotel did not have an elevator. Breakfast was so bad, we didnt eat there. We went out to eat instead.
No pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TheBrightFamily
abviburnsvillemn, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the ABVI Burnsville during your recent visit to our area.

Thank you for the review and we take guest observations quite seriously.

Upon the receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The front desk staff has been trained to offer the best hospitality to the guests and see that they receive a superior service from them.

• The room maintenance staffs have been trained to ensure ample supply of toiletries in every room.

• The breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit in our area, you will once again choose to stay at our hotel and you shall be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Burnsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Savage

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis? Share your experiences!