“Clean, Great Value, & Friendly”

Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I needed a hotel room for a quick overnight stop in the Twin Cities. All I needed was something clean and inexpensive, and this place provided that! I booked this room based on TripAdvisor reviews, and, as usual, the reviews were spot-on.

The hotel is located right off I-35W in Burnsville, and in a good area. The Mall of America, MSP International Airport, and the Minnesota Zoo are all within 10 miles. There are a couple of Chinese restaurants, a Perkins restaurant, and a couple of sports bars/grills within walking distance.

Check-in was quick, and the woman checking me in was extremely friendly. The room was on the smaller size, but was very clean. The bed was comfy, and a fridge was included as well. My only issue was that my room did not have a microwave, and I believe all rooms are supposed to come with one. Also, electrical outlets were a bit hard to find near the bed... I had to scoot the couch out from the wall to plug in my laptop. A couch was included in the room, and the Internet worked well with decent speeds. Breakfast is included, but I slept in, so I wasn't able to try it.

The gentleman checking me out was just as friendly as the lady checking me in. Friendly customer service makes a world of difference!

I definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for a no-frills, inexpensive, clean hotel room on the south-side of the Twin Cities. I'll be back next time I'm in town!

Room Tip: Some of the hallways have large metal doors that are loud... I didn't stay in a room near one, b...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MJ1986

Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights for our mall of america vacation. Decent rooms, nice staff, nice location. My only complaint is the walls are paper thin. Sleeping at night was a battle at times. People walking down the halls all night, people yelling outside in the parking lot, you can hear when people take showers....It isn't really safe to be outside of the room at night. So as long as you leave the tv on at night and stay inside...everything should be fine. Also, they were rennovating and there wasn't breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Upon arrival staff was very pleasant and courteous. Room was clean, my hair dryer did not work and they promptly replaced. Love the fridge in room and the microwave. Wifi hooked up and speed was great. Will stay here next time I visit my kids that live in an apartment close by.

Room Tip: Restaurants close by, freeway just a short drive to the mall. Never heard the road noise from our co...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
abviburnsvillemn, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis for your recent stay in our area. I am so glad that your stay was such a pleasant one.

• The staff received our commendation for the courteous, friendly manner in which they treated you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

We like to stay in Burnsville on our Christmas shopping trips to Mall of America. We arrive on Friday night and stroll the Burnsville mall, then head to the big show on Saturday. Rates in Burnsville are much better than they are closer to MOA. We've stayed at the place next door a couple of times in the past as well as hotels much closer to the mall. You can get a lot more amenities in other places, but you can't beat Burnsville for the perfect blend of budget accomodations in a convenient location.

PROS: Excellent rate, very clean room, sufficient lighting, updated mattress and furnishings (including a recliner), refrigerator and microwave. Service was friendly and efficient. We saw a city bus to the Mall of America pick up right out front.

CONS: Breakfast is skimpy (small danishes, coffee, cocoa & juice). They were slow to get snow shoveled in the morning. Public areas smell strongly of cigarette smoke, although it was not at all noticeable inside our non-smoking room.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis for your recent visit to our area. I am pleased that we are such a pleasant part of your Christmas traditions.

• Staff members received our commendation for the courteous, pleasant way in which they treated you, our valued guests.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a breakfast.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

The rooms are very clean. The staff is friendly. It's even close to the MSP airport. All in all, I had a fabulous stay there!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis for your recent stay in our area. A fabulous stay, some of my favorite words.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the staff members received our commendation on the friendly, courteous way in which they treated you our valued guests. It is always a special treat to be able to tell them how much they are appreciated.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

I'm a local and my central a/c died so I've stayed here when it's been too hot at home. The rates are reasonable, and I get a clean comfortable room with fridge, microwave, comfortable easy chair (I prefer over the sofa option as I'm solo), very comfortable bed, reliable wifi, and expanded cable TV. The staff is friendly but not obtrusive. I've never run into an employee there who nags me about when I'm checking out unlike other places. The continental breakfast is very basic, but easy to supplement with milk in one's fridge and one's own cold cereal.

Room Tip: America's Best Value Club card gets one 15% savings on rooms. Some BVIs aren't so hot, but...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank britphile

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry about your problem with your A/C in your home, but I am also so glad that you chose Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis for your “home away from home” in the area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the staff received our commendation for the courteous way in which they treated you, our valued guest. We also gave the breakfast staff additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis. I hope that you know that while we don’t wish you problems with you A/C at home, you are always welcome and wanted here.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

The Owner/Staff are very considerate.
My room always has fresh towels, soap, etc. Installed new curtains and bedspread.
A/C unit was replaced the same day I reported a problem.
Very safe and inviting. Close to a restaurant, the Mall, the Interstate, and a gas station.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the location to be a good one for you and your stay to be a pleasant one.

• The staff members received our commendation for the courteous, friendly manner in which they treated you, our valued guest.

• Maintenance received my personal commendation for the way in which the A/C was quickly replaced when problems were experienced with the one in the room assigned to you.

Hotel Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Savage
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Burnsville

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis? Share your experiences!