“Burnsville's Best Value”

Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We like to stay in Burnsville on our Christmas shopping trips to Mall of America. We arrive on Friday night and stroll the Burnsville mall, then head to the big show on Saturday. Rates in Burnsville are much better than they are closer to MOA. We've stayed at the place next door a couple of times in the past as well as hotels much closer to the mall. You can get a lot more amenities in other places, but you can't beat Burnsville for the perfect blend of budget accomodations in a convenient location.

PROS: Excellent rate, very clean room, sufficient lighting, updated mattress and furnishings (including a recliner), refrigerator and microwave. Service was friendly and efficient. We saw a city bus to the Mall of America pick up right out front.

CONS: Breakfast is skimpy (small danishes, coffee, cocoa & juice). They were slow to get snow shoveled in the morning. Public areas smell strongly of cigarette smoke, although it was not at all noticeable inside our non-smoking room.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
abviburnsvillemn, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis for your recent visit to our area. I am pleased that we are such a pleasant part of your Christmas traditions.

• Staff members received our commendation for the courteous, pleasant way in which they treated you, our valued guests.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

The rooms are very clean. The staff is friendly. It's even close to the MSP airport. All in all, I had a fabulous stay there!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis for your recent stay in our area. A fabulous stay, some of my favorite words.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the staff members received our commendation on the friendly, courteous way in which they treated you our valued guests. It is always a special treat to be able to tell them how much they are appreciated.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

I'm a local and my central a/c died so I've stayed here when it's been too hot at home. The rates are reasonable, and I get a clean comfortable room with fridge, microwave, comfortable easy chair (I prefer over the sofa option as I'm solo), very comfortable bed, reliable wifi, and expanded cable TV. The staff is friendly but not obtrusive. I've never run into an employee there who nags me about when I'm checking out unlike other places. The continental breakfast is very basic, but easy to supplement with milk in one's fridge and one's own cold cereal.

Room Tip: America's Best Value Club card gets one 15% savings on rooms. Some BVIs aren't so hot, but...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank britphile

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry about your problem with your A/C in your home, but I am also so glad that you chose Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis for your “home away from home” in the area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the staff received our commendation for the courteous way in which they treated you, our valued guest. We also gave the breakfast staff additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis. I hope that you know that while we don’t wish you problems with you A/C at home, you are always welcome and wanted here.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

The Owner/Staff are very considerate.
My room always has fresh towels, soap, etc. Installed new curtains and bedspread.
A/C unit was replaced the same day I reported a problem.
Very safe and inviting. Close to a restaurant, the Mall, the Interstate, and a gas station.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the location to be a good one for you and your stay to be a pleasant one.

• The staff members received our commendation for the courteous, friendly manner in which they treated you, our valued guest.

• Maintenance received my personal commendation for the way in which the A/C was quickly replaced when problems were experienced with the one in the room assigned to you.

Reviewed November 23, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel several times and highly recommend it. The personnel are friendly and helpful, making our visits pleasant. Another plus is they are ‘pet friendly’ and have several ‘grassy areas’ close by. The building is located right off of I35W and is close to many restaurants and shopping. The rooms have been recently remodeled and are a bit on the smaller side, but are nicely furnished and come with a desk, nicer TV, comfortable seating and fridge. The hotel provides free internet access, which was easy to connect to, and didn’t drop out. The hotel also has a free cold breakfast with juice and really good coffee.

The drawbacks are few. The hotel is two stories and does not have an elevator, but rooms are available on the ground floor. There isn’t a pool or exercise room but we rarely use these anyway. This hotel is not a resort, nor does it try to be, nor is it priced as one.

If you are looking for a conveniently located, clean, and friendly place to stay I think you will be pleasantly satisfied. And in my opinion the competitive pricing more than makes up for the lack of a pool.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis for your recent stay in our area. It is always nice to have returning guests, that says more nice things about our staff and our establishment than can be put into words.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, staff members received our commendation for the courteous, friendly manner in which they treated you, our valued guests. This also included the way in which they treated our pet guests, they are of course a part of your family and very much welcome here.

Reviewed November 21, 2009

Hotel was pleasant.Staff was very kind and helpful.Room was clean and comfortable with free internet.Would stay again when i am in the area.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank chrisb1973

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis for your recent stay in our area. I’m glad that you found it a pleasant place to stay.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the staff received our commendation for the courteous, kind and helpful way in which they treated you, our valued guest.

I am very glad that you plan to stay at Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis the next time you are in our area. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 7, 2009

I just stayed here last week one night on the spur of the moment when other arrangements fell through. The location is convenient, and the price is right. The room was quite clean, larger than others I had stayed in recently, and included a microwave and small fridge. The room itself was quiet. Three rougher-looking guys were hanging around the back door talking for some time, but eventually left. I didn't necessarily feel threatened by them, just wondered why they were hanging around there so long.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis for your recent stay in our area. I’m glad that you found it to be a good choice, convenient and properly priced.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.

Hotel Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Savage
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Burnsville

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis? Share your experiences!