“OK place, nothing special”

Morgan's Farm to Table
Ranked #5 of 133 Restaurants in Burnsville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Co. Rd 42
Description: We are proud to introduce the new Morgan's on Nicollet. Our commitment to sustaining the legacy of family farms in Minnesota runs deep. To that end, we are proud to represent some of the best artisan producers in the region. Look for their names in the various menu selections and know that you are not only getting the freshest and most flavorful products available, but also the most environmentally responsible products as well. When Harold, Steve, Victor & Tim drop off their life's passions at our back door, a simple handshake, a look in their eye and an understanding of the simplicity and balance that exists between the farm and the fork is recognized. At this time, the farmer's hard days' work comes to a close and they are left with the satisfaction that others truly appreciate their passion to deliver uncompromised quality. All of these treasured producers embrace the principles of stewardship & sustainability. All products are 100% natural with no added colors, flavors or preservatives - guaranteed GMO free with no use of growth hormones or antibiotics. Morgan's is also committed to providing our guests with sustainable fish and seafood selections whenever possible. ENJOY!
Eagan, Minnesota
“OK place, nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife & I stopped in at Morgan's last Saturday for a quick bite before meeting friends. The decor of the place confused me, as they had tried to represent themselves as a new version of a tavern, but the inside was decidedly modern.

The food was average. I liked my pork chop, but the pot roast my wife ordered was bland and the vegetables and side dishes were ordinary. The price was what I expected (in the $12-20 range for most entrees) and the portions were fairly generous.

Service was good and the staff were very attentive

On the whole, I would say that this is just an average place. If I were in the area and needed someplace to stop in for a quick bite I might return, but it is not a restaurant I would seek out again

• Visited May 2013

“they should take the cooks pay and give it to the wait staff .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a picky person by any means . but when Im paying 15 or so dollars for a serving of pasta (no bread or side,drink charges seperately),i expect it to be decent .my alfredo arrived with the kind of crust it will get when its been sitting,and i didnt wait but 10 minutes,which makes me wonder if it was even my order.i have never had to send an order back,or not been able to eat something because it was so horrid...until now.the sauce was like pure flour thinned with milk,with an odd sticky,pasty consistancy..It seemed to have cheese in it,but if it did I couldnt taste it.i put some salt and pepper and tryed again.I litterally gagged the second time.
My husband had spaghetti (17$ no sides,just pasta with sauce and 3 meatballs)and said it was fine.not good,but fine. if they are going to serve truckstop quality food,it needs to come down in price considerably.on the plus side ,the waiter was very kind and efficent.he actually seemed to enjoy serving.the resturaunt itself was attractive and well decorated.Its a shame the floor was filthy and drunk men were being allowed to loiter in the entry area (about 20 maybe)on a sunday afternoon .there was also a girl folding flatware into napkins sitting at a table wich seemed very Perkins to me.
I ordered a burger for my 8 yearold brought to my room later in the evening and she said it was 'just like at school' ,which pleased her .It was an obviously pre formed frozen patty with heavy smoke flavoring and fake grill marks .It was also a quarterpounder which is funny considering the menu says kids meals are only to be ordered for children 10 and under.
But the waiter was nice , and they did not charge for the "pasta".Like I said,I am not picky.I do ,however,expect quality served where quality is implied . i wont be recommending this place to anyone.

• Visited April 2013
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Great place, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We went there since we had never been there before and wanted to try a new (to us) restaurant out. We walked in. There was no one greeting so we just sat ourselves which ended up being what they were having everyone do. They were really slow since it was a Sunday night, and only had 2 people working. One of the servers greeted us and gave us a menu. The atmosphere was quiet and serene. The food prices were very reasonable. They had some usual meat/potatoes, hamburger dishes, but then they also had some unique dishes like smoked salmon BLT. The server was very nice and prompt. We liked our food and would definitely go there again.

• Visited April 2013
Interlochen, Michigan
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

wife and I enjoyed the soups and sandwiches. Also some local craft beers. Wait staff was very responsive and attentive to our needs and how they could improve things. I always admire a staff that truely takes thier work professionally.

Visited April 2013
Burnsville, Minnesota
“Disappointed March 2013”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

The lighting in this restaurant was to bright for a Saturday night, it felt like we were at Perkins. My husband and I had dinner at Morgan's the other night. The walley was very good but could have used more sauce and came to the table barely warm. My husband had a blue cheeseburger with fries. He asked for medium rare and the burger was well done. When he mentioned to the waiter that his fries were cold the waiter offered to take them back and put them in the fryer to make them hot. (I have to believe the health inspector would flag that if it happened) The bread was very good, the waiter tried to take it away from the table before we could have a 2nd peice.
We always order a bottle of wine with dinner but not this time. They had a bad selection of wine and it was way overpriced. We will never go back to Morgan's.

• Visited March 2013
NicolletInn, Director of Sales at Morgan's Farm to Table, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very sorry that we came up short on your expectations. I will share your review with all management and staff. Once again, please accept our apology and we hope you give us another chance.