“Good food, run down and dirty place”
Review of Champps Americana - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Rochester, New York
“Good food, run down and dirty place”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This place has been around for over 20 years and it's my bet that's when it was last cleaned. I sat facing a glass covered flag of the state of Minnesota and you could see food and liquid drippings on the glass. I imagined the tile floor being swiped wet with a mop that had not been in clean water for a week. My short glance into the kitchen gave me the same feeling. The tables and bar areas had not seen soap and water since the opening. I am not talking about the surfaces, although they were grungy, I am talking about the legs and stands for the table and the bricks around the bar area. The place is very run down. When we left I mentioned to my friend how bad the place looked and then we noticed the wooden window frames on the outside, they are crumbling and falling apart. This place needs a total make-over for me to return. The food was good and my burger was as I ordered it so there is hope. I hope the owners read this and realize that the place may fill up with cocktail hour yuppies but it will never earn my funds till it gets cleaned up and refurbished.

• Visited February 2014

Minnesota
“First time”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Our family met at Champps in Burnsville for dinner on Feb 8 for my husbands bday. We had a group of 5, all adults (20-48yrs). This was my first time at a Champps and it was suggested by our son. It was a Saturday night and there was a wait, but that expected. We ordered the veggie Guac burger ($10.99), firehouse (11.49), a cheeseburger (9.99), chipotle (11.49), and a Shroom (10.99)... Everyone seemed to like their food, although my burger could have been cooked a bit longer. The fries with the seasoned sour cream (extra charge) was yummy. With 5 burgers a soda and a beer = $71. Staff was friendly. The place has a sports bar/grill atmosphere so if you are looking for something less distracting without the tv's; this may not be the place. I would likely go here again.

Visited February 2014
Owatonna, MN
“Can't go wrong with Champps”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had a larger group and our waitress handled it very well. The food was excellent and it came out of the kitchen fast and hot. Good place to eat and relax.

• Visited February 2014
Burnsville, Minnesota
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The food at Champps is always what you expect it to be. Just your normal Americana. The "look" of the place isnt anything to write home about. Seats by the windows are cold. My husband forgot his military ID and they wouldnt take his word at it, which put a bad mood on our experience. The fries are always good and they give you plenty.

• Visited December 2013
Prior Lake, MN
“Dinner”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We were sat at the tiniest table in the bar and people were walking by bumping into us as we ate. We said it would be OK to sit in the bar, we just didn't expect it to be in the aisle.

Visited January 2014