“Excellent Experience”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Herbster, WI
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Shogun in Burnsville is brand new, replacing a Asian Grill that never really made it. The renovation was well worth the wait. Shogun is an incredible experience with will trained chef's and a very accommodating staff. Mt wife needs to be gluten free and the staff went well out of the way to accommodate her needs.
The food was plentiful and very entertaining at the Hibachi Grill. The sushi menu is varied and very creative. Come with other couples for a fun and fulfilling evening. Everything rated 5-stars if not more.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Pete S

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I find the chefs at most hibachi style restaurants to be a bit cheesy and more of an annoyance than something that contributes to the experience. Thankfully, this was not so at Shogun! Our chef, Max, was very talented, kept everyone engaged in his performance, and had us all laughing. Most importantly, he did an excellent job cooking our meals.

The meal consisted of onion broth soup, green salad, two sauces, fried rice, noodles, vegetables, a 2-shrimp appetizer, and the meat of your choice. The soup was uninteresting and the salad had a ginger dressing which was too sweet for my taste. The fried rice had a fantastic texture and I would have liked to have more.

The shrimp I ordered was very fresh, cooked to perfection and had a great flavor. My son ordered the steak, medium rare, and it too was fantastic. My daughter ordered the chicken, and while she did like it, said she like my son's steak even more. One person in the other group at our table ordered scallops and he said it was some of best scallops had had ever eaten. They did look VERY good.

We don't go to hibachi grills very often, but the prices seemed a bit high, which is the reason for 4 dots instead of 5. $18 for chicken, $19 for shrimp and $21 for steak. My recommendation is to order a meat combo. For just a couple dollars more you'll greatly increase the amount of meat you get. Next time I'll be getting steak & scallops.

We also got the squirt bottle sake shots from our chef. The sake went down easy and was probably a bit diluted, but it was fun to partake.

All in all, we had a great meal and an entertaining chef. Though I think the prices should be dropped a couple bucks each, we will return.

• Visited March 2014