“Had great start went downhill” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jensen's Cafe

Jensen's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Jensen's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 133 Restaurants in Burnsville
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Burnsville Parkway
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Had great start went downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I live near this restaurant. I've had breakfast, lunch and dinner there. I begrudgingly go there once a month for a breakfast meeting, just because "that's where it's always been." Their cafe potatoes are the worst. They are always, always dry and bland. The only way you can get hashbrowns is if they are smothered in cheese. I wish they would serve plain hashbrowns. The food quality and personal connection has gone down. They used to actually squeeze their oranges in a machine and make their own fresh juice. They still call it fresh squeezed but it's done elsewhere and tastes like any Perkins or store bought stuff. All oranges are fresh squeezed at some point along the line, but it only has a quality taste if it's served immediately after being processed, not a week ago at some factory. They've really got to do something about their measly potato choices and dry, bland cafe potatoes. Potatoes can make or break a breakfast meal. Atmosphere cute. Service usually good--once in awhile not. Food is fresh and higher quality than most with exceptions of aforementioned--that break the deal.

• Visited June 2013

Burnsville, Minnesota
“Horrible Food and Horrible Service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

My family and I have been going to Jensen's Cafe for years. We will not be returning.
Today the service was horrible, our food was served 45 minutes after we ordered. Our server was the lady with the star tattoo on her chest so my recommendation is do not sit in her section. I had to ask for syrup, it did not come with the food and after waiting 5 mins (after the food was served) I had to walk up to the front and ask for it.
I would strongly recommend that NO ONE order the Parmesan Walleye, one person in my party found so many bones in his fish he was worried about them sticking in his throat. Apparently the staff forgot to filet the fish before they breaded it.
Another person ordered the stuffed french toast combo. The bacon was way over cooked the ends were black and it was very tough to eat. The potatoes weren't even cooked at all. The only part of the meal that was good was the stuffed french toast.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Evansville, Indiana
“Excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Went there for breakfast and loved it! Extensive menu, quality ingredients and large portions. Great service. Will definitely go back the next time we are in Burnsville.
, MN.

• Visited May 2013
Minneapolis
“Hidden Gem in Burnsville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My parents have raved about Jensen's Cafe in Burnsville for a while. I just went with them for Sunday brunch and I was not disappointed. I loved it!

My mom and I split the lemon ricotta pancakes with berries and a mushroom, spinach and goat cheese omelet. I am in love with the pancakes and I am not a pancakes person. Other family members had eggs benedict and the caramel rolls. All delicious. I will be going back.

If you get there before 10 on Sunday there is not much of a wait but you will hit a crowd after 11. Also - their parking area is small so you may need to park a bit further away or in the bank lot on Sundays.
Worth the trip and the wait.

• Visited May 2013
Ellendale, North Dakota
“A great variety”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our family had a great dinner and there was something for everyone! Great Food. The special was posted as you come in so you knew right away what was the best thing to order.

Visited April 2013