“Good value for the money, especially their weekly rate”

LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Reviewed August 13, 2010

My wife, grandson and I just spent 6 nights at the LivInn Suites. 'Suites' is an exaggeration, since the rooms are single, basic rooms (at least ours was). It must be that the inclusion of a mini refrigerator and microwave allows the use of a suite. In any case, the appliances were quite welcome, complemented by the vending machines on the first floor. The free Internet was only 526K, but it worked.

There is no pool, but they have a coin-operated laundry, which proved quite useful. The linens and bedsheets were changed every day which was a real plus, since I assumed that a weekly rate would only include every 2nd or 3rd day service.

We were on the 2nd floor which was designated non-smoking. Even though the hallway smelled of residual smoke, the room itself was smoke free. The shower/toilet room was quite small, but adequate. The rest of the bathroom was part of the room, sort of like an 'L' shaped room. Free newspapers were provided; we did not try the free breakfast at all, since there are many restaurants in the area. Security was adequate; side doors required your room key for entrance and the only other access was by the front desk.

The stafff was quite friendly and knowledgeable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob2222

Reviewed August 11, 2010

We had two experiences with this hotel. We were staying here on our way out to South Dakota, and then on our way back.

Our first experience:
We arrived at about 10:30pm. The lobby was very nice, and the staff was very friendly. HOWEVER, they did NOT have a room for us EVEN THOUGH I MADE A RESERVATION MONTHS IN ADVANCE and even called a week earlier to confirm! How can motels do this? They were very nice about it, and put us up in another hotel (which was disgusting). But after working all day, packing the car, and driving in the rain, we were ready to relax!

Luckily, with our second experience, they impressed me. The front desk clerk didnt have much of a personality and he wasnt very friendly. But, when we got to our room, it was VERY nice. Renae did a great job cleaning it. The room was cool. A bit small, but classy. It had a fridge and microwave, a safe to lock your valuables, and very comfortable pillow top mattresses. It had extra pillows, and two armchairs. The only complaint on the room was there wasnt a fan in the bathroom. Bath and body works shampoo and soaps! The breakfast was adequate. Muffins and cereal, juice and coffee. The room to eat in was tiny. They had very nice vending machines, including pizza, etc.
No pool.
Right off the highway, close to a local park.

If we hadnt had the first experience, I would have given this hotel a 5.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2010

All I have to say about LivInn is that you are going to be staying in a very clean and comfortable environment. The housekeepers are doing an excellent job here, especially Mandi for having my room cleaned and ready to go for me when I arrived there. All of the staff here at LivInn are just pleasant. I will definitely be coming back here in the near future. Thank you LivInn staff for making my weekend here enjoyable.

Reviewed August 8, 2010

LivInn was such a wonderful place to stay the night. I want to thank Charlotte, Renae, and Brinna for preparing my room for my girlfriend and I to stay there for the night. My room was very clean and wasn't one bit disappointed. The housekeepers did a wonderful job. Jodi is doing a excellent job with her staff and training them in the proper way. Front desk was also very helpful in my stay at the LivInn (Raz, Meli, Maria, and Daria). When I needed something they were more than happy to help me. The GM there (Bill) was very helpful with me and helping me find a room for a great price. Overall, my stay at this hotel was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better deal and a wonderful stay at Livinn. The staff is what made the experience worth while. Great job to all of the LivInn staff!

Reviewed August 3, 2010

Got a great deal on Travelocity. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Renae, Mandi, and Brinna all did a wonderful job keeping the room fresh and clean. Can't beat this place for the price!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2010

i really enjoy staying at the liv inn hotels when in the twin cities. i like there big awsome beds,the little frig,and the good humored staff. and Renae who kept my room spotless.but most of all afordable....best place for my buck.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I booked this hotel for 2 nights through a travel site and got it for $20/night. Didn't expect much for that price so I was ready for what was to come from a cheap hotel.

When we got there, we were given a smoking room and gave us the usual crap that other hotels has given, which was "when you book through the internet, you're just guaranteed a room, not anything in particular." But they ended up giving us a non-smoking room anyways.

The room was clean (except floor), sheets were clean, toiletries were plentiful and everything works. Their wifi internet access acutally works! Housekeeping was also great (Alexandra). She made our rooms promptly and was very nice and interactive with us whenever we see her in the lobby. I just regret forgetting to leave her a tip after we booked out.

Only draw backs was that the floor looked cleaned but it was a little sticky. I wore sandals those two days and could feel my sandals sticking to the floor when i walk. Also, this hotel is mostly smoking rooms. I thought they sectioned out smoking and non-smoking rooms but that doesn't seem to be the case. The room next to me and across from me were smoking rooms and I could smell it through the walls inside my room. I really think it would be a good idea for them to cut down on the smoking rooms and/or sectioned out non-smoking and smoking rooms.

1  Thank nuggyboy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Savage

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville? Share your experiences!