“Fantastic Facility, Lea was Exceptional”

LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Reviewed February 8, 2010

The room, the value, and Lea were all fantastic. This is a great choice when looking for a place to stay in this area.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed January 30, 2010

We chose this hotel because we were looking for a cheap but decent place to stay in the Twin Cities area. We made our reservation online through the hotel's website. When we arrived, they did not have a reservation for us. We showed them our confirmation letter and after a little wait, we were able to get into a room.

Overall the room was okay. The floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed. There was a battery laying under the countertop like nobody had checked the floor. The entertainment center door was also held shut with tape because if the door opened, the light automatically came on. Other than that it was good, beds were comfortable. I'd be wiling to give them a second chance!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I have stayed at the LivInn Suites Burnsville MANY times, and they are doing a great job of making it better all the time. I first stayed a few years back and swore that I would never stay there again. Well, I did stay again, and was pleasantly surprised, and continue to be impressed with the steps they are taking to make the hotel better.

First of all, their staff is really outstanding. Raz, Daria, and Lea at the Front Desk are TOP NOTCH and so friendly to us. Also, when we checked in, the Front Desk Clerk was able to fulfill our request of a 3rd floor room close to the elevator and laundry room, which has been helpful to us.

We are on the "extended stay" plan which only includes housekeeping once per week, but we can always get clean towels and everything we need at the front desk. When they DO clean our room, they do a great job, considering how much stuff we have packed in the room!! (I am in the process of moving.)

They have also converted one of the rooms by the front desk into a breakfast room, which was a nice bonus for us to find out about when we checked in! While the breakfast is fairly limited (milk, plastic wrapped danishes, fruit, two kinds or cereal, and coffee) it is better than nothing. I think they should buy a waffle maker and add an orange juice machine to bring it up to the standards of other hotels that included breakfast. (I know they read these reviews, so I'm counting on waffles and OJ the next time I check in!!!)

They have also replaced the lighting in the hallways -- they used to be sort of dark and dreary, but now they are bright and almost cheery!

Also, the hotel has new comtemporary bedding which is GREAT -- I've been sleeping well. I do wish the bathrooms had fans that worked.

Staff is constantly mopping the lobby to keep the floors clean, which is nice in the winter. Also, staff seem to be throughout the hotel more often cleaning and vacuuming.

The restaurant next door to the hotel has closed, but there are a few close by options (Hooters, Mediterannean Cruise Cafe, Perkins) and every restaurant you can imagine one exit south off Hwy. 42 (Olive Garden, IHOP, Panera Bread, Buca di Beppo, Sonic, DQ, etc etc etc).

I really do recommend this hotel -- and I am a travel agent, giving my seal of approval!! Don't expect a fancy-dancy plus, but a clean, well run establishment that is doing better all the time.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2010

If you can sleep through noise, or you are fortunate to be surrounded by considerate guests, the Livinn is a very excellent value. I drove up from Iowa and stayed overnight to catch an early morning flight. My need was serveed at a very fair price.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2010

The staff at this hotel gave the best possible service anywhere. Desk clerks and housekeeping included as rendered service over and over up to and beyond satisfactory. The rooms are cleaned with that personal touch. Jodi and Tiffany, and their staff bends over backwards.

Guest service is staffed around the clock, and always goes out of their way in anyway it seems necessary all of whom I get to the know the particular needs of the various guest it appears to me.

The location of the facility is right off access to the freeway and local business and shops. And as extended stay guest, I could possible leave off mentioning the promptness of providing repair service and option when things break and goes wrong. It is excellent.

I could almost wish this was the lifestyle that is care free and convenient.

Thanks LivInn Suites
[--]

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2009

the room was well cleaned and designed. I think I was happy what I have seen. I wish u had a DVD player in the room.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2009

I have been here 4 weeks and find Lea,Daria and the rest of the staff always willing
to tend to my needs and answer any questions i may have.
Every week my room is properly cleaned and stocked.
I would recomend this location to any business traveler
passing through

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Savage

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville? Share your experiences!