LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
QualityInn
$95
$127
Staybridge.com
All reviewsfront deskcan't beat the pricegreat jobstaff was very friendlyking bedgreat roomtwin citiesthe breakfast areaoatmealfree breakfasthousekeepingmicrowavehootersminnesotamnmallhighway
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed July 4th week for 8 nights. Great price and decent rooms. Very comfy bed. Front desk clerk Shailla was quite helpful at checkin. Love the chocolate donuts for breakfast. Will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Skye K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear KHB42747,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your great experience. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that our new chocolate doughnuts were a hit with your family. We look forward to having you back next year, if not sooner!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed at the LivInn the week of July 4th - Quick family get away to MPLS. We got in a little late after a long day. Check in was quick. The girl at the front desk was friendly (They have Trip Advisor plaques with their 4 stars and their staff was wearing a shirt stating "striving for five".) Lobby area was clean, hallways were clean and smelled fine. Then we walked into the room..... I would mention that the decor was nice, the beds were very comfortable but the SMELL was the first thing that hit me. It was this musty damp stench that I could not get past. OK normally i would have went right back to the front desk and asked for a different room but we were just exhausted and my husband collapsed in one of the beds in the first couple minutes. This was going to be a sleep and get up and go situation so I toughed it out. We took showers in the morning and the shower head was so low my husband had to duck to get under it. The breakfast consisted of wrapped donuts/rolls, bagels and juice. I don't complain much about breakfasts - it is free and it enough to get us going in the morning. We checked out and I mentioned to the morning desk person that the room was SO damp I swear the toilet paper felt wet! I have giving this a THREE for a few reasons - 1) the staff was friendly 2) room decor nice and beds were comfortable. 3)common areas were clean and smelled nice. 4) I should have asked for a different room to give them a chance for improvement so this is my fault for not doing this.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jaminoe
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Just spent 3 nights at this property. Most comfortable bed I've ever found in a hotel. Reasonable price means I would likely stay here again on my next trip. Now I have to say, the front desk experience when I checked in was not good. Wasn't welcomed when I walked in the door, stood and waited while 2 or 3 women went about their work (one was on the phone with a customer) - no one said welcome or gave me any information about breakfast or check out times, just gave me my keys - to a queen room when I had booked a King room online. Went back to the front and the person who exchanged the key was much friendlier (not in hotel uniform) - still, your front desk people need a little customer service experience and should greet the guests!

That said, I had little contact with the front desk, and didn't stop down to see what breakfast entailed. BUT, I still would return to this hotel if I could get the same rate again.

I was surprised there was no hotel information in the room - you know, the folder or booklet that gives you a summary of services and local businesses. Wasn't sure if it was an oversight or just not something the hotel provides.

Just so you know, my room was made up after my first night, but then I left for the day and at 3:00 returned and called the desk to find out if my room was going to be made up - the woman who answered was rude and said "is it your day to have housekeeping make up the room?". I replied "Well, it was made up yesterday." And she quickly (rudely) informed me that "Well, that was your day, you aren't on the schedule today." O--- K -- A --- Y. It would have been helpful to have that information at check in too.

Dear Owner: Please see that your front desk has some serious customer service training! You have a great property!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank jjjjojojjj
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place is fantastic. The workers are very polite and the rooms very clean. Also, its great and having a microwave and fridge in the room. Location is great as well. This hotel is the best hotel in Burnsville I have stayed in, and I have visited three times for this year already. I will be back to this hotel on my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 weeks due to remodling issues. Our check in process was very bad called reseverd room was quoted 309 over the phone get to checkin the price jumps to 360. Then they do not properly clean the rooms hair in the bathroom and tub the whole time our stay was very bad. Overnight s5aff is rude and does not handle noise complaints the walls are very thin you hear every noise, door slams and elevator dings all night and day. The amount of time we stayed was very unplesant and the staff needs to be retrained in customer service. We will never use this hotel again as they only value money and not great customer service. I do not recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013