“pretty good price nice staff”

LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Peekskill, New York
“pretty good price nice staff”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

stayed here last month. it was nice for a no name hotel. room was great nice comfey beds. just stay away from the elevator it gets noisy jasmine and charlotte were very helpful and polite. anytime had a question they answered it. breakfast is pretty skimpy and the bathroom is small but the staff makes up for it. will stay again if i ever come back to the area

Room Tip: pick one away from elevator
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
BurnsvilleGM, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your review. It is great to hear that the team here made such a positive impression on you and contributed to your experience at our hotel. Our goal here at the LivINN Hotel is to provide all of our guests with Comfortable Rooms at Comfortable Rates as well as to provide 5 Star World-Class Service.

I will be sure to share your review with the team and we look forward to your return the next time your plans call for lodging in the Burnsville area.

Bill Godbe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Sioux Falls
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Just returned from two nights staying at the this hotel in Burnsville. Chose it because of the location and price. Appeared much better in photos..it was clean which we appreciated. PERSONS OF SIZE...beware! I am not sure you could actually fit into the dinky toilet/bathtub area.

Also, Express Breakfast-skip it. We arrived at 8:15 and all the fruit was gone, the floor was covered with sticky juice, and the trash was overflowing. It would help if someone supervised the area. We watched in amazement as several guests filled their pockets with tea bags and packaged rolls. No wonder the fruit had "disappeared."

The front desk and cleaning staff were very friendly and professional...just seemed oblivious to the chaos happening in the breakfast area which was located next to the front desk.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sdtravelersf
Thank you for taking itme to post your review. I appreciate the feedback regarding the "Express Breakfast" and I want you and the rest of the Trip Advisor community to know that we are in the process of adding additional selections to ensure that our breakfast meets and exceeds all of our guests expectations.

We look forward to your return the next time your travel plans call for lodging in the Burnsville area.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and the hotel staff was very friendly and catered to my needs to make the stay as comfortable as possible. Specifically I would like to thank Charlotte and Shailla who were both very phenomenal and sweet to me! They helped make my stay that much better and really understood my needs =))) The price was very affordable and I felt like I was in good hands. Thank you once again for all your help ladies your the best!!!! =)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to post your review. It is great to hear that our team made such a positive impression on you, they are truly hospitality professionals!

We look forward to your return, and once again, thank you for taking time to post this review.

With hospitality,

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights as our halfway stop before flying to California. The hotel staff was very friendly and got us set up in our room very quickly. Our room was extremely small, but my boyfriend and I aren't very picky so it was doable. There was way too much furniture in the room which made it feel so enclosed. The desk in the room was falling apart, so I was way too scared to put anything but papers on it. The TV is "ghetto" (aka not flat panel). The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, which is more important to me than a fancy TV.

The "breakfast" is very basic. There is a couple oranges and bananas. There are also mini boxes of cereal, but if you don't get there before 8am, you're stuck with Raisin Bran (instead of fruit loops or cinnamon toast crunch). There is coffee and orange juice. There is also pre-packaged bagels, and pre-packaged danishes/muffins. They were VERY GROSS and chopped full of sodium, so we just had cereal.

The location is not very far from Bloomington, which is where the Mall of America and all the main touristy things are located (about 15 minutes).

All in all, you can't beat THE PRICE! We booked through Hotwire, and it cost us 30$/night! How can you complain about that?

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post your review!

I apprecaite you mentioning the value that we have to offer as well as how convenient the location is to the Bloomington area. We are currently working to add even more selections to our breakfast to ensure that all of our guests' expectations are surpassed.

We look forward to your return the next time your travel plans call for lodging in the Bursville area.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I've been traveling the Burnsville area a lot recently and have stayed at the Livinn. The staff is phenomenal! They are always pleasant and cheerful - Rooms are always sparkling clean! Bill, the GM, has been wonderful to assist me with anything I my have needed -directions, recommendations, etc.

I highly recommend staying at the Livinn!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to post your review! Please keep us in mind the next time your travel needs call for lodging in the Burnsville area.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Me my wife and my kid and to deal wife a rude hotel staff i was promised a free night ( they lied )
there were two girl friend boyfriend fights that broke out there they refused to give me knew towels they were smoking weed in the hallway when i was walking in with my kid and when i complained the manager told me so what leave when i gave him a piece of my mind they refused to give me my security deposit back also all the staff were rude and upper management didnt care and said they stuck by bill the gm there i will never stay at a livinn again if there upper management feel like that all i have to say is be careful and its not a good place for kids

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mrmetwo M
BurnsvilleGM, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your review. I see that you have returned to the hotel and are currently a guest here. Since you have returned to the property and are currently a guest here I would like to invite you to come down and speak with me personally so that I may ensure that your stay is an enjoyable as possible.

As you can see from other reviews, most of our guests find our hotel to be a great place, offering tremendous value in the Burnsville area. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with "5 Star World-Class" service and since you have now returned I am pleased to have another oppurtunity to provide you with this type of hospitality.

I would like the oppurtunity to speak with you personally regarding this review and, once again, I am pleased to see that you have returned to the hotel.

bagley Iowa
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Tried LivINN for the first time this last weekend and was very happy with the Hotel, room, service, and price. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable, only thing i can say bad about it is the bathroom was small, not very much room once you get out of the shower.Overall i would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
BurnsvilleGM, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for taking itme to post your review. It is always great to hear about a great experience here at our hotel and we look forward to your return the next time your plans call for lodging in the Burnsville area.

Bill Godbe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Savage
Americas Best Value Inn Burnsville / Minneapolis

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville? Share your experiences!