“Excellent value”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Burnsville
Gulfport, Florida
“Excellent value”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The physical plant is "blah motel" -- it is a converted Days Inn. Nothing fancy about the place, but it is an excellent value. Everything is clean and works. What makes this place outstanding is the staff. Every one I interacted with went out of her/his way to be helpful and friendly. I stayed there for a week (they have a special weekly rate -- with only room cleaning during your stay). If you need a comfortable place to stay in the South Metro area and do not need anything fancy, this is an excellent choice. I will certainly stay there again if I need to be or near Burnsville for an extended period.

Negatives? A few
1) Two of the three restaurants in the same block as the hotel are closed.
2) If you are not familiar with the Minneapolis area, make sure the LivINN is convenient to wear you need to be. I would hate to have to commute from the hotel to either downtown area, for example. Driving to the Mall of America will take 15 minutes in light traffic and most of your life in rush hour.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
BurnsvilleGM, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
I appreciate you mentioning the exceptional value and service that you experienced here. Proving 5 star world class service is a priority to my staff and I. It is great to hear that you were very comfortable at our hotel. Additionally, it is great to hear that our weekly rate worked out so well for you.

At the LivINN Hotel of Burnsville we provide comfortable rooms at comfortable rates.

I look forward to hosting you the next time you are in the Burnsville area!

Bill Godbe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 27, 2011

The cleaning service was very prompt, friendly and thorough. We especially want to thank Mandi for all of her excellent efforts.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to post this review. It is great to hear that Mandi and the rest of the staff took such good care of you. Providing 5 star service is our number one priority here at the LivINN Hotel of Burnsville.

I look forward to hosting you the next time your travel plans require lodging in the Burnsville area!

Cheers,

Peru, Illinois
Reviewed May 20, 2011

The bathroom had no towels, and we didn't notice it until 3 a.m. (we had an early flight). When I went to the front desk to ask for towels, the guy that was watching the desk on the morning of 5-17 told me that he didn't believe that the room didn't have towels (essentially accusing me of stealing them...).
It is probably not the best practice to aggressively challenge your guests as to the whereabouts of their room's towels when they go to the front desk at 3 a.m. to ask for some.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank philforthenewworld
Thank you for taking time to post this review. I want to apologizwe for the miscommunication regarding the towels. After speaking with my staff I was told that thier intent was to ensure that you received the best service possible during the duration of your stay as well as to communicate this issue to the management in the morning, this was the reason that they inquired about your room number.

Please contact me the next time your travel plans include lodging in the Burnsville area. I will personally oversee your stay with us.

Timpson
Reviewed May 18, 2011

The staff (Maria) and management (Bill) were very friendly and helpful. The beds are very nice, clean, and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Evansjc
BurnsvilleGM, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write this review. I am glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by the service and accomodations you experienced here.

I look forward to hosting you in my hotel the next time your plans call for lodging in the Burnsville area.

Cheers,

Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Renee housekeeping people person, wounderful,very kind. makes you feel very welcomed.makes sure before leaveing your room you have every thing you need.she gives you her full attention of all of your needs thats what i call great service.I would stay at livinn hotels again.

Room Tip: ask to view your room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
BurnsvilleGM, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post this nice review, it is truly appreciated. It is great to hear that Renae provided you with such great service, she is truly a hospitality professional and a vital asset to our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time your plans call for lodging in the Burnsville area.

Geneal Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We had a great stay at the LivInn in Burnsville. The place was very clean and the staff was very friendly -- particularly the General Manager (Bill Godbe). He was very invested in making sure that our stay was flawless, and his team delivered.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi suite is great
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
BurnsvilleGM, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Your review is greatly appreciated, thank you for taking the time to write it!

We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price, while delivering 5 star service.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to having the oppurtunity to host you and your family in the future.

With hospitality,

Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I was moving to a new apartment and could not stay in my new place until the next day. This hotel was the least expensive and convenient for me. I didn't arrive until after 10 PM. The front desk clerk on duty was extremely courteous and helpful given the time of night (her name is Jacqi), I told the manager the next day (Bill Godbe) and he suggested I send this review.

Also the hotel was very organized, clean and a good value. I would reccomend this property very easily. I should know good value, I travelled and have stayed in many hotels over 30 years. 10 years in the US and 20 years out of the US.

Bruce Ellington

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking itme to write this review. It is great to hear that Jacqi made an impact on your stay. Here at the LivINN Hotel we strive to provide 5 star service at a great value. Thanks again for mentioning both of these items.

Bill Godbe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Savage
GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville? Share your experiences!