“First time here”

Ranked #6 of 132 Restaurants in Burnsville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I had lunch here, this was our first visit. Atmosphere and food were good, prices were reasonable. Large portions! We'll be back!

1  Thank Bill B

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have been there twice now as I am always willing to give places a second try. The owner is a well intended nice guy but the food is just not great. The pitas have a terrible taste and besides the garlic sauce for the fries, the other sauces are off. He takes great pride in the meat he uses and if I have not eaten Lebanese in places like California, DC and New York I probably would let it slide some. It is dry and falling apart and not cooked on a vertical rotisserie. He claims that is because those are "frozen" but that is most definitely not the case at many good restaurants that use the tool correctly to unlock the juices and flavors of the meat. If you are in the mood for Lebanese in the metro this is one of your few options but I find that there are many superior places in the Twin Cities for similar regional cuisines.

4  Thank Disseminatedfm
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A couple of weeks ago my wife and I saw the highway sign for Byblos and stopped in mid-afternoon for dessert and coffee. We found the perfect combination of home-made food and friendly service. After the drool-inducing baklava with rose water, we tried the stuffed grape leaves (wonderful, subtle flavors) then cheesecake that had to be made by an angel in heaven (actually, the owner's wife). Inky black tea served in an oversized cup was incredibly mild, and the Turkish coffee in a demitasse cup was poured from a copper pot at the table. We vowed to return.

A week or two later, we returned with two friends, one of whom had been in Lebanon. When the food arrived, he declared that it was identical to what he had been served in Lebanon. It was a glorious meal. We had the Taste of Lebanon for Four which consisted of nine appetizers and 8 kabobs (chicken, beef, kafta, and lamb on a bed of rice). The nine appetizers were Hummus, Baba Ghanooj, Falafel, Shawarma, Gyro, Labneh, Toum, Grape leaves and Tabouli, and each had its own flavor and consistency. We also ordered a side order of deep fried (not battered) cauliflower that was delicate and delicious. The uncomplicated house Cabernet (California) went well with everything. We finished with tea, coffee, and cheesecake and thought we were too full to eat another bite when the owner mentioned that his wife had just made a batch of mango ice cream. It was fantastic, like eating fresh mango that had somehow been made pudding smooth and ice cold.

Prices are reasonable and service is charming. The décor is pleasant with wall paintings and photos from Lebanon and the city of Byblos where the owner was born into a family of restaurateurs.

We appreciated having real cloth napkins, but were slightly disappointed with the lightweight cutlery and wine glasses that were streaked with harsh dishwasher chemicals. These small problems did not detract from such a fine experience.

2  Thank JandJ67
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The food is always fantastic and fresh. We really enjoy talking to the owner and finding out more about the food and the culture. The portions are large enough that we always consider splitting a meal but then we can't decide which ONE meal to choose so we end up with two anyway! The Garlic Bites are excellent and well worth the garlic breath afterwards.

3  Thank RichandBrendaW
Reviewed August 6, 2013

to be honest i walked into this restaurant with a doubt in my self, i have not had any good lebanese food in some time, in a long time to be exact, since i left California,
I wanted to see and try the food hoping it would be ok as a quick snack, well, i was in for a treat.
All what i was thinking about is some Hummus, walked in and a young lady greated me and asked me if i am dinning in or ordering a take out, she escorted me to a table and placed a menu infront of me on the table, i took a look around and the place is really nice on the inside, extremely clean with nice murals on the walls or a cedar tree and some kind of ancient ruins, anyway, i ordered a lemonade and some hummus with bread, i was expecting the usual normal hummus i usually buy at the store or at Costco or sams club, WOW , this is better than the hummus my Grandma used to make, i ordered a plate of shawarma and some fries with garlic dip, out of this world, in a bit a mid age man was checking on the tables and asking the customers how was their food, and even calling them with their first names and they calling him with his first name, he got to my table and asked how is my hummus and if i am enjoying my Shawarma pita, while introducing him self to be the chef, his mane was Mike, wow, i rarely seen a chef come out and ask the customers how the food was. he wished me a great afternoon .
i started chatting with the people sitting on the table next to mine, they told me that they have been regular customers for at least 8 month, and they are there at least once or twice a week, the husband who looked in his sixties said thats the best lebanese food he have ever had,and it is always consistant on the taste and on the service, i told him that i enjoyed my hummus much better than the one i purchase at the store and he started giggling, he told me that they make everything from scratch, like from dried beans, not out of a can, and no preservatives used at all, also they cook everything from scratch, nothing precooked, thats why the flavor is always there, great service, excellent food and you get more than your money worth in food .

looks like i will be a regular at Byblos,

7  Thank justin O