“A mistake not made twice.”
Review of Steak America - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Steak America
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have driven past a few times and decided to make a family dinner nite out of the event. The dinners are home style family dinner service, which is a nice twist to have once in a while. our wires took 15 minutes to show up just to take or drink order and then we did not see her for another 20 when she finally brought our drinks. They were featuring a new medallion meal in the menu which was not available to order yet. We ordered an appetizer that never appeared and might have been charged if I did not request it be taken off the bill. My son ordered the pan fry walley which came back well cooked and tasty. My girlfriend ordered a battered walley that came back short of being black, saturated in fryer grease, and between the breading and grease there was no walley flavor. Not getting the tuna medallions, I ordered a New York steak medium rare that came well done. Non if the food was brought by our sever that we had only seen twice. I waited for our sever before eating to correct or order, and found my self waiting 20 minutes. My family decided to go ahead and eat their meals at $20 a walley plate. Finally she arrived and I told her of my concern about our order she promptly sent the manager who offered to remake my steak, when told of my appetizer that never arrived he said sorry, he did not offer to send it out or take it off the bill or even a 10% reduction off the bill. My second steak came back perfectly cooked well seasoned and most probably the best steak I have had in a few years, and this was also not brought by the waitress. All the side portions were small and kfc style. The salad came in a family bowl and despite being brown the homemade dressing was refreshing. After almost an hour the waitress came for the check and we did not see her again. As for the decor, it was decent. The blind were not drawn properly and many guest attempted to close the shades with little luck until finally, no not an employee, a woman was able to fix the blinds so the bright sun light would stop blinding the guests. The restaurant was not near busy enough for the lack of service from edit staff, and poor performance from the cooks and expoditer. It can be easily assumed if you do not assert your self you will most likely have a poor time dining at this restaurant.

Personally I will never return or recommend this establishment to friends or family.

shnuegums@gmail.com

1  Thank shnuegums
There are newer reviews for Steak America

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Finally decided to try Steak America. I ordered the 8oz sirloin and broiled shrimp with spicy garlic sauce with mashed potatoes and chop salad. My steak was decent but cold. Nice seasoning to it. The mashed potatoes were real good. Spicy garlic sauce on the shrimp was not spicy at all. Chop salad I had no idea that there was going to be a TON of tiny chopped up green and red peppers buried under the lettuce and dressing. That stopped me in my tracks and it was too hard to pick them out so I didn't finish that. Also ordered by our party was the Ribeye and a burger and wings. Was told the ribeye was okay, burger was not but the wings were really good except the sauce came on the side.
When the bill came, we were like WTF!!!! Instead of charging me for what I actually had for 19.99, I was charged for a filet mignon for 26.00 (which is higher than their price on the website) We were there during happy hour and our appetizer price did not reflect that either.
Decor was sooooo plain it was boring.
Our servers were actually really great. When we questioned the bill she got real flustered but took care of it all.
Would I go back again? No unless I could get the same meal for a lunch special for half the price. I'm much happier going to Outback Steakhouse.
And what I thought was wierd, is that their chairs for the tables are on wheels. Could make dinner interesting and fun if you wanted :-)

1  Thank 4ThatLuv2Travel
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband loves steak so we decided to try the new Steak America near our house in Burnsville for his birthday. A good number of restaurants have tried and failed at this location, so we wanted to see how they had changed the decor. The decor was unimpressive though. We brought our teen aged boys along also. We all had steak with a type of potatoes for a side. The food was OK and seemed pricey for what we got. Service was fine. No salad bar though. For the price, we could get as good or better food in a more enjoyable atmosphere. There are many other places to go around here, so I doubt we will return.

2  Thank KPichelman
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Service was not good at all. The waitress took forever just to bring us our drinks. Wasn't that busy!

When the food came my wife's order was wrong and both meals were cold. The steak was tasteless and the potatoes were cold.

To top it off we were overcharge for our meals.

3  Thank Corey P
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is adequate. Similar to what you'd find at a mid-price chain place. Service is mixed up and slow. No one seems to know what they are supposed be doing. We dined with another couple and asked the waitress to split the bill- half on each credit card. She put both charges on my card. I noticed it a few days later when I was paying my credit card bill. I called the restaurant and spoke to the manager. His biggest concern was getting paid. He told me to check with my friends and see if she also charged their card. If not, I should get the money from my friends otherwise he'd be out the money. I suggested that I shouldn't have to clean up the mess his waitress made. She double charged me and he owed me a refund. The rest was his problem. He refused. He didn't care at all that this was a huge hassle for a customer. I am disputing the charge with my credit card company.
If you eat here pay in cash. If you want good food, eat somewhere else. If you want good customer service eat anywhere else.

3  Thank Eagan