“Drove me to Trip Advisor”
Review of The Rack Bar and Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Rack Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Well, I have heard of Trip Advisor but never wrote a review until now, they made me do it! If you want great looking servers who are scantily clad to give you crap service and crap food, this is your place!! Will not return

3  Thank Rob D

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The former "Timber Lodge" has fallen on extremely hard times in this restaurant. From the 5 gallon "cig" bucket at the front door to the broken front door & missing/damaged ceiling tiles, this bar & grill is disgusting! The servers didn't even know what type of alcohol they carried and the "domestic" beer table tents were wrong. I would never order food from this place.

2  Thank Caterer4u
Reviewed May 4, 2013

A blonde female bartender who acted like she thought she was the cutest thing on earth was rude, unfriendly and gave poor service. I asked for a drink and she made it and set it down, without even speaking to me at all. Then when I ordered a 2nd drink she went off and visited with her friends who were sitting at a table and I had to wait at least 10 minutes for my second drink. Needless to say I did not leave her a tip. Food was so so. The waitresses are dressed in cheap knock-off Hooter Girl outfits (short shorts and low cut tops). Service is very poor --- go elsewhere for better atmosphere and good food.

3  Thank notenough11
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped in for lunch on our way back from a fishing trip. The server initially seemed very nice and took our drink order. We asked for menus. 10 minutes goes by, no menus. Finally SOME of our drinks came and menus. Had to ask mutliple times for water. They have a special on beer, wings and burgers between 11-Noon. We took advantage (time was 11:45) as we saw other patrons ordering and being honored so we did the same. It was a cluster. Server appeared to have too many tables as well. Maybe she has something against out of towners? Who knows but she definitely seemed to spend more time with the locals. We noticed tables that came in after us that got served before us and she seemed to have no problem bringing them their items in a timely fashion. When the food did finally come, they forgot some of the items. One order of wings was wrong flavor. She did correct that and finally got the food order squared away, however it took mutlitple visits to our table before it was all corrected. Food was good, except for the fries.
Time for the bill:
Bills were seperate. My bill was correct, however one of us she had charged full price not the special price. Made no sense as two in our party ordered additional drinks at the same time.
She said she would correct it. When she came back she stated that one of drinks had been ordered after the special was over, which was not correct. She then said she have the manager "comp" it. In otherwords, comp something that was incorrect on her part not our part.
The real kicker is she then asked "So were you all out drinking late last night and are we hung over? We said no, she actually retorted with "are you sure"?
It is hard to believe someone that relies on tips for their craft would actually say that to a customer. We were not rude or obnoxious to her in any shape or form, or were we hung over by any stretch. In fact we were well rested and been ice fishing.

I travel on business frequently and rely on the hospitality industry while away from home and have experienced slow service, really bad food, rude people, etc.

This experience is in my top 5 of bad experiences. What many of these people in the hospitality industry need to understand is that business class clientele tend to spend more and tip more WHEN the quality warrants such. This server was lucky she received any tip and that we are not that heartless.

I used to frequent this area of MN on business and spent a fair amount of money at Maynard's which to me is one of the best establishments in the country. The Rack? We won't be returning.

1  Thank TCBinKC
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Nicely attired young ladies makes the lack of quality food easier to handle. I am being kind with a rating of average. It is another version of Hooters.