“$20 for Alpo”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Look, I don't get angry often. But I'm going to have to tear this place a new one.

I walked in around 7:45 on a Thursday night. Judging from the parking lot, wasn't a whole lot going on. Through the first door, I encountered an adorable hostess wiping down the glass. Rather than think of ways to flirt with her, I should have considered her activity as being the only thing for her to do before she clawed her own eyes out. I continued inside and, in my mind, crickets chirped louder than any sound in the place. I should have made a U-turn in the foyer.

Hopelessly roaming to the bar, I see it's a huge sausage fest. No women - apparently they are the smarter gender. This place felt like an old saloon in a ghost town. I sat at the empty bar next to a solitary mumbling beer drinker, and I requested a whiskey. That was the end of the mediocre experience; it all went to $h*t after that.

Menu sucks. No two ways around that. One or two things look like they might stand a 50-50 on being edible, and the rest you can gauge just from the chintzy environment. Naturally, I didn't order those items. I ordered the special - "1/2 rack of ribs, baked beans, <mumble mumble>" - sure, whatever, I'll try it. Christ...

Salad shows up mounding over on the plate with a solitary cherry tomato. A small, overfilled metal cup of citrus vinaigrette Lysol dressing came with it. The dressing spilled as I tried to remove it from my plate, so I was committed to my new antibacterial salad. I dealt with as much as I could, then pushed it aside. About ten minutes later, my "special" arrived. It looked as good as it tasted...like it came straight out of a can. Beans were cold. Baked potato came without butter, sour cream, salt, or pepper. Cold slaw - who the F said anything about cold slaw? And the ribs... After eating one with my hands, I concluded that they were not worth the effort. So I performed speed-eating with a fork to choke it all down. My mind insisted it was cat or raccoon.

Lack of servers. It was just the bartender, running Indian sprints around all the tables and vanishing right when you go to ask for something. There was another server there, but she was behind the scenes, running plates out to the few occupied tables. I wish I'd just stuck with the whiskey, ate free bar limes, and flirted with the hostess.

I finished my meal in a hurry and got out of there like it was burning down. This place needs a Gordon Ramsey visit or something. I will never be back, will even go to great lengths to avoid walking or driving through the parking lot. Hope they can figure something out.

1  Thank WhatHome

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

my little brother and I went there last night... We had the Burnsville Philly on marble rye bread... and a build your own burger both were great! They forgot to put the buffalo sauce on the burger which ended up a good thing... They brought it on the side almost immediately. The flavor of the sauce wasn't very good. The long islands we ordered werE good could have used a little less triple sec. We will definitely be going back! the prices were very good for what they had! I was a bit shocked when I saw scallops on the menu!!!!

1  Thank jaserwon
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The breakfast buffet was great. The french toast was delicious! There was a variety of options, french toast,pancakes,biscuts and gravy, eggs,ham, sausage, bacon, pineapple, watermelon, musmelon, stawberries, muffins! I recomend this place and I will be going back! Our server was very nice and friendly. They seated us on the side where the bar area, which was nice since we didnt have to be in the louder area with familys. I wouldnt recomend for a special occasion since it is a pub/grille.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I went with my partner to their breakfast brunch buffet, and I wasn't impressed. The host was rude, loud, and made me feel uncomfortable. I dont even think he was supposed to be the host, but I saw other customers complaining about him and his attitude as well.

They had a nice looking spread of food, but unfortunately it didn't taste as good as it looked. The fruit and the potatoea were dried out, the ham was submerged in juice that ran all over the plate, and they didn't offer any eggs unless you got an omelet.

The omelet station took too long for me, but my parter waited the 10 minutes for hers. There was only ham for a meat option, and the other choices were limited.

The only good thing here was the French toast; not worth the time.

1  Thank MsThang28
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I went to Ernie's for the happy hour. Great service, nice looking place, great drinks. The calamari was alright. Price was good too. Lots of business men from the surrounding hotels. We'd go again.

1  Thank Cakesm8