“worth it, go and have some fun!”
Review of Rack Shack BBQ

Rack Shack BBQ
Ranked #22 of 132 Restaurants in Burnsville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Locally owned, locally sourced ingredients. 14 hours of slow smoking for southern style BBQ. This is a rare find in Minnesota. A real gem! Also, this was featured on Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel recently.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Nice little hole in the wall! I have yet to have a bad meal here. Love love love the brisket, hobo and the vibe of the place. Nothing fancy here, small place, fast service!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is my go-to place for great ribs and brisket! If you love BBQ, eat here. I highly recommend the ribs. all sauces are made from scratch in-house and all meat is smoked by the Rack Shack. If your idea of a hamburger is McDonald's, this is not for you. Go to one of the cheapo chain 'joints' that reheat and serve meat smoked somewhere else. If you want the best BBQ north of Tennessee, eat here!

Rack Shack is adding a second location in West St. Paul in July/August.

Only thing to add would be some live music!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I came here with my husband and father after seeing it featured on a food network tv show. I was all excited but found that my pulled-pork just didnt live up to what i hoped. My husband got a sandwhich and my father got the ribs and they both loved them. Maybe i just got the wrong thing. The baked beans were good.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

On the suggestion of the cashier I ordered the brisket. The meat was tender, flavorful and moist. The Mac and cheese was VERY cheesy, but the cheese was processes tasting. The baked beans were amazing, smokey, sweet with a host of other flavors! To top it all off they have a nice selection of barbecue sauces representing all of the famous barbecue regions! I also had a chance to try the burnt tips that were on special, phenomenal!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

When isn't a pitcher of beer welcome? We ordered a Hobo, a baked potato in a basket covered with three kinds of BBQ meats, mac & cheese, slaw, cream corn, etc. Might not sound to good but it worked well, the basket was tasty and there was plenty of food for both of us to share. They had a very good selection of sauces ranging from mild to burning hot, I tried a few and and really lked them. The decor was sterile looking, stainless steel tables, steel chairs and such, not what I expected for a BBQ place but I can't say I didn't like it, actually a nice change from the standard BBQ look. Service seemed somewhat disorganized.