“Nice atmopshere, food is not great”

Burger Jones - Burnsville
Reserve with OpenTable
Burger Jones - Burnsville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 132 Restaurants in Burnsville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: County Rd 5
Description: There are two Burger Jones... There"s the urban burger bar whose sleek dining room, cocktail bar and patio overlooking Lake Calhoun draws discerning burgerholics for lunch, dinner and drinks. This Burger Jones offers early and late Happy Hour, along with ample parking, including dedicated spaces for easy pickup of your takeout orders. Then there"s the other Burger Jones... Behind the kitchen door we transform a secret custom grind into burgers you'll have no choice but to attack – for their beauty can drive you insane – and no option but to eat quickly, lest the dopamine rush overload your pleasure receptors. Start slowly, maybe with a simple Burger Jones. As your habit develops, don't worry: we'll feed it. Sorry, no patio reservations accepted... Have a cold beer or Hillbilly Hooch and we will seat you outside as soon as we can if you prefer but expect to wait.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My family ate here one evening and I don't think we will be back. Aside for the sweet potato fries, the food was less than desirable. The atmosphere is pleasant, although I think they have a few too many TVs. I love a good milkshake so i was excited to try one of theirs, the smore shake, but it turned out to be all gramcracker and not much else. Gross. For the price, the food should have been better.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was craving for some beer cheese soup and when I saw the thumbs up on the menu, I figured I would give it a try. It was nothing special at all. I have had beer cheese soup at Granite City and I will definitely stick to that.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

first time here, loved it. Big variety, gave you a choice of pink or well done (they grind their own beef onsite)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I are frequent diners at Burger Jones. People say they are expensive, but not more than you would pay at another sit down restaurant. You order your burger and side separately, so if you go with the more expensive sides it will cost more. Their specialty burgers are awesome - the chubby cheddar is my favorite. However you can get a Junior Jones for $4 and that is enough for me. They have a very large tap beer selection and happy hour pricing. We have been there so much that the bartender remembers my husband's name for his beer geek card!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Burger Jones is owned by the same company that owns Mannys Steak house, and as such, they know meat! It is a sportsbar environment with ESPN on the TV anddhas restaurant seating away from the bar where there are no TV's. They also have outside seating in the summer, that looks out over a mall parking lot. Not much to look at but OK on a nice summer day. I've ordered burgers medium rare many times, and they hit it spot on almost every time! They have a lunch special called the nooner that includes a cheeseburger and fries for $7.99 that is a great burger for a really good price. I ate there yesterday, had the Nooner, med-rare and my brother had his rare. Both came out as ordered with fries quickly and accurately. The fries were the skinny fries served in a kind of paperlined metal cup, very good and nicely salted. My burger came out medium rare, cheese was melted on top, lettuce was "wimpy" and the tomato was a Minnesota Winter tomato. Probably had more to do with the supplier getting tomatoes to MN in freezing temps, but still nothing special. The burger on the other hand was nicely seasoned, and had a great char to the outside, when I bit into it, it had a nice crumble and the meat broke apart in my mouth, juicy and tender with the crisp char on the outside. Just what a great burger should be.