“Love the Burger of the Month!”

Burger Jones - Burnsville
Reserve with OpenTable
Burger Jones - Burnsville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 132 Restaurants in Burnsville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: County Rd 5
Description: There are two Burger Jones... There"s the urban burger bar whose sleek dining room, cocktail bar and patio overlooking Lake Calhoun draws discerning burgerholics for lunch, dinner and drinks. This Burger Jones offers early and late Happy Hour, along with ample parking, including dedicated spaces for easy pickup of your takeout orders. Then there"s the other Burger Jones... Behind the kitchen door we transform a secret custom grind into burgers you'll have no choice but to attack – for their beauty can drive you insane – and no option but to eat quickly, lest the dopamine rush overload your pleasure receptors. Start slowly, maybe with a simple Burger Jones. As your habit develops, don't worry: we'll feed it. Sorry, no patio reservations accepted... Have a cold beer or Hillbilly Hooch and we will seat you outside as soon as we can if you prefer but expect to wait.
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We have never sit in the restaurant area, only in the bar. Out of 10 times we had bad service, I think because it was super busy. All the other times have been fabulous, the bartenders are always super friendly. I always ask what the Burger of the Month is, since its usually pretty amazing! Fries are great too!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Burgers were good, but too high priced of food. Food is ala carte so a side a fries was an additional $2 after purchasing a $10 burger. Good but not great. Don't bother with the parmesan fries - all they do is sprinkle grated parmesan on a few waffle fries - certainly not worthy the extra $3 you pay. When you think of it - who pays extra for fries at a burger joint!!!

Won't go back - I will go to Buffalo Tap or The Nook when I want a great burger at reasonable prices.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

We heard about this place from a friend, not long after it opened. The wait to be seated was non-existent, but the wait to be waited on was a little long. It started getting busy after we had been seated and after we put our order in. I ordered a standard burger with tomato and an order of onion rings. The onion rings came........it was EXACTLY three big onion rings, precisely the type I do NOT like....I like smaller cut/thinner sliced ones, so I was not impressed. I called them the $1 onion rings. My husband got the Burger Jones with cheese and fries. He was impressed with the fresh, chopped jalapenos on his burger.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

We were very impressed with a recent visit to Brger Jones, Burnsville Minnesota. The burgers are unique, delicious and filling. The fry tower is a must, probably the best value by far due to the amount of fres, variety and delicious "choose your own dipping sauces". The menu is ala carte, and this can get expensive fast, especially considering this is "just" a burger joint...$11.00 for a stand alone burger, no matter how delicious, is a little off target. Bottom line, we will return, but special occasions only to to the cost restrictive pricing.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Burger Jones recently opened a very nice (appearance and renovation of the old Blockbuster) second location this past week in Burnsville. After reading many reviews in only one week of being open for business, I wasn't expecting much except maybe a decent burger...

A co-worker and I decided to stop by for lunch on Tuesday as she had a $20 gift certificate for any Parasole restaurant. We decided to order what they refer to as TRI-FRY TASTING TOWER. Hand-cut russet fries, maple-bacon sweet potato fries and Parmesan waffle fries with choice of three dipping sauces for $7.99. Sounds crazy to pay $8 for some fries, but it was cheaper than ordering two individual side orders and getting one dipping sauce. We also both decided to order Burger Jones own Juicy Lucy creation, The Chubby Cheddar; stuffed with molten cheddar and smothered with even more melted Merkt’s Sharp Cheddar for $9.99.

The hand-cut fries were saggy and basically had zero flavor unless you used a dipping sauce, the waffle fries were "OK" but they could have left off the fake sprinkle cheese they coated just the top fries with. I found myself gagging from inhaling the powder upon my first bite. The sweet potato fries are about all I can talk about that was good. They were crisp and had excellent flavor. Paired up with the chipotle aioli sauce, they were about all I could enjoy.

As you can see from the above picture, what we both ended up paying $10 for was a skimpy 1/4 lb. cheeseburger on an over-sized bun with some nasty lettuce. The Burger had decent flavor, but was missing something, it had absolutely ZERO cheese on the inside (maybe this is why they do not refer to it as a Juicy Lucy?). Just as we both discovered this, our waitress came by to see how the first bites were tasting. Upon showing her the inside of my burger she immediately offered to take them back and have the cooks make us new ones. I give her props for this, but unfortunately I was over it and already made up my mind and decided it wasn't worth the effort to wait again just to be disappointed. I can get over one bad cooked Lucy every now-and-then, but this part is what is the biggest complaint about this new restaurant, the bill. We ordered some fry sampler with half size portions of each variety, two "Basic cheeseburgers" and two diet coke's. Total bill, $35.35 without tip.

Bottom line, Burger Jones will not be receiving any more of my $$ in the future. You are much better off over paying for a Juicy Lucy just down the road at Buffalo Tap where you can actually enjoy yourself and have a half-assed decent burger.
strugglinghomebrewer.com