“Beer and burgers with atmosphere”

Burger Jones - Burnsville
Reserve with OpenTable
Burger Jones - Burnsville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 131 Restaurants in Burnsville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: County Rd 5
Description: There are two Burger Jones... There"s the urban burger bar whose sleek dining room, cocktail bar and patio overlooking Lake Calhoun draws discerning burgerholics for lunch, dinner and drinks. This Burger Jones offers early and late Happy Hour, along with ample parking, including dedicated spaces for easy pickup of your takeout orders. Then there"s the other Burger Jones... Behind the kitchen door we transform a secret custom grind into burgers you'll have no choice but to attack – for their beauty can drive you insane – and no option but to eat quickly, lest the dopamine rush overload your pleasure receptors. Start slowly, maybe with a simple Burger Jones. As your habit develops, don't worry: we'll feed it. Sorry, no patio reservations accepted... Have a cold beer or Hillbilly Hooch and we will seat you outside as soon as we can if you prefer but expect to wait.
Gallatin, Tennessee
“Beer and burgers with atmosphere”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Burger Jones specializes in burgers and beer. The beer selection is excellent. The bloody Mary's in mason jars were a meal itself. They suggest some specialty burgers but you can create your own too. They offer malts and a three-some fry combo with dipping sauces.
I suggest reservations because on Saturday night the wait was approaching 2 hours. I would also suggest to the chain they should have a full page of specialty burger, not just 5 or 6. It wasn't enough. I'm not creative enough to come up with something good, that's why I came here. My wife and I shared a burger, she had a mini-pulled pork sandwich, we shared fries with another couple and we each had a drink. Under $30bucks seemed good. I'd go back but would like to see more specialty burgers on the menu.

• Visited November 2011

Bloomington, Minnesota
“Jonesing for Burger Jones”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a must for burger lovers. We went to the Burnsville location and it was fairly new by all appearances. The wait staff was excellent - very attentive and answered all of our questions about the menu. I ordered the veggie burger and it was excellent. I would challenge meat lovers to try it. My husband ordered a custom burger and loved it. The food is great - the place has a nostalgic feel. Overall great - would go again.

1 Thank Theresa989
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Overpriced, nothing special”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Dine after 9 pm for the burger and fries special, otherwise it's quite expensive for nothing all that great. You won't get fries with that $10-12 burger either, sides are all extra. The cheeseburger is a typical, fairly good diner burger, and does come with fries for $6.99 after 9pm. The fries are inconsistent, great one time, soggy the next. When cooked properly they are quite tasty. BJs projects themselves as a beer joint, with a Beer Geek Club, but on my last visit I ordered 2 different beers off the menu, only to find those were discontinued (try updating the menu then!), and the beer I did have was clearly old. The waitress did say it hadn't been selling (of course, it wasn't on the menu...how would anyone know to order it?). At least the service was good, she did a fine job and did remove the undrinkable beer from my tab. Value for late night is good, but before? Not worth it.

cmcdmc
“Fills a burger craving”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Visited with my parents and our kids. Everyone found something they liked. Sweet potato fries were great, and the buffalo burger was good too. Cuban burger looked interesting, but big for my appetite. Kids loved the chocolate shakes! The blue lemonade drink was fun and light. We'd definitely do this again. Only issue was service, basically just pretty slow.

Prior Lake, Minnesota
“Burger Jones is okay... but nothing to write home to Mom about”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Had the Cubano and a "make it yourself" Cheeseburger, margarita and a tap beer.

Service was slow and somewhat inattentive.

Margarita was very small, considering the high price, and didn't seem to have an ounce of alcohol in it. Luckily, it's hard to screw up a tap beer.

Hamburgers were flavorful, but in the case of the Cubano, the taste was mostly salt. The hamburger was saltier than the fries.

It's okay, but definitely not the best burger in the Twin Cities area. I'd recommend looking into Buffalo Tap in Savage (5 miles away) for a better burger, a real margarita, and lower prices.

• Visited August 2011