“not a great experience”

Porter Creek Hardwood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Porter Creek Hardwood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 132 Restaurants in Burnsville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the spirit of wine country, Porter Creek features a fresh contemporary American menu with California-Mediterranean influences. Signature to the brand are fire roasted meats and rustic vegetables from the rotisserie and woodfired oven where temperatures approach 600 degrees. As a complement to the menu, Porter Creek offers 80+ bottles of wine – 60 of which are featured by the glass, and over 100 premium brands of spirits. Scotch, tequila and wine flights encourage EXPLORE-ation! Rejoice during the warmer months on this outdoor patio! Whether you’re dining al fresco or enjoying a cocktail at the outdoor bar, a fireplace or water feature is never far away…your oasis in the city! Inspire, Create, Explore Porter Creek today! OUR DOORS OPEN DAILY AT 11:00 Lunch Menu served from 11- 3 pm Dinner Menu served from 3-11 pm daily HOURS of OPERATION Sunday – Thursday: 11am – 11pm Friday & Saturday: 11am – midnight Burnsville 952-698-1888 | Fargo 701-369-3669 Whether you walk-in or make a reservation, EXPLORE Porter Creek today!
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I have eaten on the outside deck of Porter Creek many times during the summer, with no complaints. However, our meal at the restaurant this week was disappointing. Despite it being a Monday night and not very crowded, the service was horribly slow. My wife's meal was quite different from the menu description. The manager apologized and said he "would talk to the chef." He offered us a free dessert, which we passed on because it took so long for our server to come to our table so we could order it. That says a lot. Probably won't be back until spring when the deck opens again

1  Thank FLfromMN

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My sister and I went to this restaurant from a recommendation from the Penzey's spice store in Lakeville, MN. I just want to say if this wasn't a restaurant I could really just live here. Gorgeous floors, dark wood, two tone leather chairs, wood ceiling - huge fireplace. Just lovely!! Now on to the food - really, really wonderful. I had the soup and sandwich. Rotisserie Chicken cream soup which was crazy good and an Asiago Crusted Pork Tenderloin sandwich. The sandwich was just ok. My sister had the Smokehouse Burger:smoked gouda cheese, fire roasted red bell peppers, smoked tomato aioli (melt in your mouth good - crazy good). I will definitely be going back - Yummy!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This restaurant was much better than expected! It is located close to a busy thoroughfare with multiple stores where the typical chain restaurants can be found. Despite numerous cars in the parking lot, we were seated promptly without a reservation. They are known for their outdoor grilling & rotisserie. We enjoyed a margarita flat bread grilled with tomatoes, basil & cheese to start our meal. I had the rotisserie chicken (huge portions) & my husband had a grilled steak. We ate in a larger room but it had a comfortable atmosphere with a blazing fire. It's a great restaurant for an intimate dinner for 2 or a family or group. In the summer, they have outdoor seating with fire pits - they look very inviting!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is an excellent restaurant. Great service, very nice decor and terrific menu. Especially nice and cozy on a cool fall evening.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The visit was for our wedding anniversary. I was a bit apprehensive to try a new restaurant for such an important occasion, however, I was pleasantly surprised. Upon arrival and after notifying the hostess of our reservation, we were taken to our table right away. A few customers waiting in the lobby looked at us a bit odd since we didn't have to wait (it was a Friday night), but hey, we had a reservation.

Our server was attentive and prompt. We shared a bottle of wine, and had calamari for an appetizer. We both had steak which was perfectly cooked. The vegetables were fresh and not overdone. The food was delicious.

The only disappointing part of our visit was the dessert. I ordered cake and my husband had the bread pudding. Well, they both were miniature desserts, like they had made them in little six ounce custard dishes. The flavor was mediocre and it was overpriced for what you got.

Apart from the desserts, the appetizer and meals were delicious. We will most definitely return. I can't wait to try some of the other menu items.